At the end of September/beginning of October, my husband and I are planning to stay in Ischia for three nights (part of a ten-night trip in Italy) and are interested specifically in Ischia Ponte, either at an apartment via airbnb or Hotel Europa. (Why Ponte? Well. Um. It looks so lovely in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Ha! Is that reason enough? If not, feel free to slap me and the thoughts of a glistening Jude Law out of my brain.)
We are interested in enjoying the scenery and views, perhaps stopping by at one of the thermal spas. A casual stroll/hike here or there. Beaches are pretty but we aren't beach bunnies--that one thermal cliffside beach spot sounds worth a trip, though. Eating. Drinking. Variety is nice, but not necessary. We'd be happy drinking negronis (mmmmmm) at the same bar each afternoon. A bar with an ocean view? Even better!
We're laid back, casual folks. We don't care about shopping and fine dining (unless it's phenomenal--we DO love food, after all). Authentic casual and/or local street food is our jam. We generally like fresh, simple meals, and well-crafted cocktails and wine. Oh, and coffee.
In your humble opinions, is Ischia Ponte a good spot for us? If so, can you point out a couple of good bars and dining spots?
I should add that we also considered Amani (on the Amalfi Coast). Would that be better suited to our needs? There's a small apartment available there that is a great deal.
Note* It's my first time in Italy--first time in Europe, in fact! My husband spent a week in Sardinia several years ago and LOVED it.
Note** We will be in Naples the following two nights, and will be seeing Pompeii during that portion of the trip. So that's not a day trip we're concerned about while staying on Ischia (or Amalfi?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 4 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 7 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 8 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 9 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 10 gare de nord
- 11 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 12 BIKE AND BARGE
- 13 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 14 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 16 London - Home Depot
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 19 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 20 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 Enjoying England for a year!
- 23 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 24 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 25 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport