At the end of September/beginning of October, my husband and I are planning to stay in Ischia for three nights (part of a ten-night trip in Italy) and are interested specifically in Ischia Ponte, either at an apartment via airbnb or Hotel Europa. (Why Ponte? Well. Um. It looks so lovely in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Ha! Is that reason enough? If not, feel free to slap me and the thoughts of a glistening Jude Law out of my brain.)
We are interested in enjoying the scenery and views, perhaps stopping by at one of the thermal spas. A casual stroll/hike here or there. Beaches are pretty but we aren't beach bunnies--that one thermal cliffside beach spot sounds worth a trip, though. Eating. Drinking. Variety is nice, but not necessary. We'd be happy drinking negronis (mmmmmm) at the same bar each afternoon. A bar with an ocean view? Even better!
We're laid back, casual folks. We don't care about shopping and fine dining (unless it's phenomenal--we DO love food, after all). Authentic casual and/or local street food is our jam. We generally like fresh, simple meals, and well-crafted cocktails and wine. Oh, and coffee.
In your humble opinions, is Ischia Ponte a good spot for us? If so, can you point out a couple of good bars and dining spots?
I should add that we also considered Amani (on the Amalfi Coast). Would that be better suited to our needs? There's a small apartment available there that is a great deal.
Note* It's my first time in Italy--first time in Europe, in fact! My husband spent a week in Sardinia several years ago and LOVED it.
Note** We will be in Naples the following two nights, and will be seeing Pompeii during that portion of the trip. So that's not a day trip we're concerned about while staying on Ischia (or Amalfi?)
Ischia: To Ponte, or not to Ponte?
- 1 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 2 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 3 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 4 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 5 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 6 Connection in Newark EWR
- 7 Battlefield Tour
- 8 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 9 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 10 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 11 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 12 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 13 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 14 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 15 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 16 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 17 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 18 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 19 Edinburgh
- 20 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 21 Refining London and Scotland
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Apartment location
- 24 portugal
- 25 Solo in Sicily - April 2013