At the end of September/beginning of October, my husband and I are planning to stay in Ischia for three nights (part of a ten-night trip in Italy) and are interested specifically in Ischia Ponte, either at an apartment via airbnb or Hotel Europa. (Why Ponte? Well. Um. It looks so lovely in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Ha! Is that reason enough? If not, feel free to slap me and the thoughts of a glistening Jude Law out of my brain.)
We are interested in enjoying the scenery and views, perhaps stopping by at one of the thermal spas. A casual stroll/hike here or there. Beaches are pretty but we aren't beach bunnies--that one thermal cliffside beach spot sounds worth a trip, though. Eating. Drinking. Variety is nice, but not necessary. We'd be happy drinking negronis (mmmmmm) at the same bar each afternoon. A bar with an ocean view? Even better!
We're laid back, casual folks. We don't care about shopping and fine dining (unless it's phenomenal--we DO love food, after all). Authentic casual and/or local street food is our jam. We generally like fresh, simple meals, and well-crafted cocktails and wine. Oh, and coffee.
In your humble opinions, is Ischia Ponte a good spot for us? If so, can you point out a couple of good bars and dining spots?
I should add that we also considered Amani (on the Amalfi Coast). Would that be better suited to our needs? There's a small apartment available there that is a great deal.
Note* It's my first time in Italy--first time in Europe, in fact! My husband spent a week in Sardinia several years ago and LOVED it.
Note** We will be in Naples the following two nights, and will be seeing Pompeii during that portion of the trip. So that's not a day trip we're concerned about while staying on Ischia (or Amalfi?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sintra
- 2 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 3 One night in Rome
- 4 How the kids age calculated
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 Murren to Prague
- 7 What tips can you give about packing?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 14 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 15 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 16 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 17 Scotland Trip Report
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 22 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 23 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 Firt time VISA applicant