At the end of September/beginning of October, my husband and I are planning to stay in Ischia for three nights (part of a ten-night trip in Italy) and are interested specifically in Ischia Ponte, either at an apartment via airbnb or Hotel Europa. (Why Ponte? Well. Um. It looks so lovely in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Ha! Is that reason enough? If not, feel free to slap me and the thoughts of a glistening Jude Law out of my brain.)
We are interested in enjoying the scenery and views, perhaps stopping by at one of the thermal spas. A casual stroll/hike here or there. Beaches are pretty but we aren't beach bunnies--that one thermal cliffside beach spot sounds worth a trip, though. Eating. Drinking. Variety is nice, but not necessary. We'd be happy drinking negronis (mmmmmm) at the same bar each afternoon. A bar with an ocean view? Even better!
We're laid back, casual folks. We don't care about shopping and fine dining (unless it's phenomenal--we DO love food, after all). Authentic casual and/or local street food is our jam. We generally like fresh, simple meals, and well-crafted cocktails and wine. Oh, and coffee.
In your humble opinions, is Ischia Ponte a good spot for us? If so, can you point out a couple of good bars and dining spots?
I should add that we also considered Amani (on the Amalfi Coast). Would that be better suited to our needs? There's a small apartment available there that is a great deal.
Note* It's my first time in Italy--first time in Europe, in fact! My husband spent a week in Sardinia several years ago and LOVED it.
Note** We will be in Naples the following two nights, and will be seeing Pompeii during that portion of the trip. So that's not a day trip we're concerned about while staying on Ischia (or Amalfi?)
Ischia: To Ponte, or not to Ponte?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 8 5am arrival in Dublin
- 9 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 10 Ste Remy France
- 11 10 Hours in Brussels
- 12 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 17 destination wedding
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 London Private Detectives