I have recently asked questions about places to stay in Positano. After countless research, and not being able to find anything not-overly-expensive-but-nice (which hasn't been booked out), I have accidently came across Ischia, and it seems to offer everything we are after!
Quick note - we are spending 3 weeks in Italy for our honeymoon, and this particular part of the trip is the relaxing, swim/sunbath part.
The choice of accommodation on Ischia is far better than such on Positano considering the prices, I have found nice hotels in different parts of the island, so I think the choice will be made based on the best location.
Here are my options at the moment:
Miramare (Ischia Porto) - lovely hotel, spa etc, location seem to be good. Although we could only afford a non-view room. Highly rated across travel websites
Aragona Palace (Ischia Porto) - also nice hotel with spa, pools etc, close proximity to cafes etc. We can take the more expensive Superior room with Harbour View.
Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme (Barano d'Ischia) - amazing reviews, awesome spa/pools and a big plus - it's right by the beach. However I don't understand whether it's within walking distance of other places on the island.
So what's important to us:
- Proximity to the beach. Don't have to be right on the beach, but it needs to be within easy reach
- Good pools/spa
- Great food, restaurants within walking distance
- Ability to explore other things by foot. Don't mind taking buses, but not all the time.
I've gone through a number of Ischia topics on the forum, and saw there is a couple of people that live there/spend many years so hopefully they will be able to help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure