I have recently asked questions about places to stay in Positano. After countless research, and not being able to find anything not-overly-expensive-but-nice (which hasn't been booked out), I have accidently came across Ischia, and it seems to offer everything we are after!
Quick note - we are spending 3 weeks in Italy for our honeymoon, and this particular part of the trip is the relaxing, swim/sunbath part.
The choice of accommodation on Ischia is far better than such on Positano considering the prices, I have found nice hotels in different parts of the island, so I think the choice will be made based on the best location.
Here are my options at the moment:
Miramare (Ischia Porto) - lovely hotel, spa etc, location seem to be good. Although we could only afford a non-view room. Highly rated across travel websites
Aragona Palace (Ischia Porto) - also nice hotel with spa, pools etc, close proximity to cafes etc. We can take the more expensive Superior room with Harbour View.
Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme (Barano d'Ischia) - amazing reviews, awesome spa/pools and a big plus - it's right by the beach. However I don't understand whether it's within walking distance of other places on the island.
So what's important to us:
- Proximity to the beach. Don't have to be right on the beach, but it needs to be within easy reach
- Good pools/spa
- Great food, restaurants within walking distance
- Ability to explore other things by foot. Don't mind taking buses, but not all the time.
I've gone through a number of Ischia topics on the forum, and saw there is a couple of people that live there/spend many years so hopefully they will be able to help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Lisbon - a few tips
- 3 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 4 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 5 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 6 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Avoid Europcar!
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 14 European Vacation 2017
- 15 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 16 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 17 Need help in completing trip details
- 18 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 19 Which area to stay in London
- 20 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 23 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 24 Split to Hvar
- 25 Paris for children