I have recently asked questions about places to stay in Positano. After countless research, and not being able to find anything not-overly-expensive-but-nice (which hasn't been booked out), I have accidently came across Ischia, and it seems to offer everything we are after!
Quick note - we are spending 3 weeks in Italy for our honeymoon, and this particular part of the trip is the relaxing, swim/sunbath part.
The choice of accommodation on Ischia is far better than such on Positano considering the prices, I have found nice hotels in different parts of the island, so I think the choice will be made based on the best location.
Here are my options at the moment:
Miramare (Ischia Porto) - lovely hotel, spa etc, location seem to be good. Although we could only afford a non-view room. Highly rated across travel websites
Aragona Palace (Ischia Porto) - also nice hotel with spa, pools etc, close proximity to cafes etc. We can take the more expensive Superior room with Harbour View.
Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme (Barano d'Ischia) - amazing reviews, awesome spa/pools and a big plus - it's right by the beach. However I don't understand whether it's within walking distance of other places on the island.
So what's important to us:
- Proximity to the beach. Don't have to be right on the beach, but it needs to be within easy reach
- Good pools/spa
- Great food, restaurants within walking distance
- Ability to explore other things by foot. Don't mind taking buses, but not all the time.
I've gone through a number of Ischia topics on the forum, and saw there is a couple of people that live there/spend many years so hopefully they will be able to help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 2 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 3 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 4 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 5 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 6 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 7 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 help with Italy itinerary
- 10 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 11 Praiano
- 12 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 13 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 Chamonix to Paris
- 16 Rome-Itinerary
- 17 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 18 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 19 Scotland and London 21 days
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 23 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 24 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 25 Ireland itinerary help please