My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Ischia and/or Positano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 3 Where to buy French pashmina scarves on line?
- 4 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 5 Europe in winter
- 6 Best day trips from Paris
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 8 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 9 Air France strike
- 10 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 11 Bodrum to instanbul
- 12 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 13 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 Questions About Croatia
- 16 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 17 Scottish Passport
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 20 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 21 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 22 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 23 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 24 See You In Minsk
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?