My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healtheverplus.com/solar-garcinia/
- 2 Northern Italian Food
- 3 Muscle Science @ http://fornatgaex.com/muscle-science/
- 4 Barcelona on budget
- 5 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 6 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 7 Where to go in March??
- 8 Advice for England and France travels?
- 9 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 12 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 13 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 14 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 15 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 16 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 17 Provence to Nice driving
- 18 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 19 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 20 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 22 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 24 German Train travel
- 25 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days