My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 2 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 3 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 4 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 8 First visit to London
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 14 Help me make this possible!
- 15 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 18 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 London is it worth it?
- 22 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 23 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 24 Paris and Normandy
- 25 Europe in 2 weeks on budget