My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 2 One champagne tour in Reims
- 3 3 extra days in Provence/Riviera - advice please!
- 4 Southwest France
- 5 Krakow with photos
- 6 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 7 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 8 1st Eurotrip: Copenhagen - Paris - Barcelona - Ireland
- 9 1st Eurotrip Itinerary - 12 days Backpacking in Europe
- 10 Northern Italy Camper Trip Questions
- 11 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 12 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 13 Mountain Music Festival in Zakopane, Poland
- 14 Spain 2 weeks itinerary help
- 15 Ah Paris
- 16 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 17 Berlin or Budapest?
- 18 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 19 Is it possible to see the Cotswolds without renting a car?
- 20 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 21 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 22 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 23 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 24 Staying over visa expiration.
- 25 EuropeanDestinations