My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Ischia and/or Positano
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 2 Back home problems with sim card
- 3 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 4 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 5 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 6 Budapest
- 7 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 8 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 9 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 10 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 11 Budapest--baggage storage
- 12 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 13 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 14 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 18 How do you find French food?
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 21 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 22 GPS in Tuscany
- 23 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 24 Best day to look for economic flights
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?