My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 6 Versailles
- 7 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 20 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 21 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 24 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 25 Acorn TV