We'll be in Istanbul for the first time and I have no idea what to expect regarding prices there.
I'd prefer not to be stuck with extra Turkish lira at home.
Since we'll be there for about half a day, how much should I withdraw in Turkish lira to cover the following for 2 Adults in Sultanahmet:
1) taking round-trip ferry ride (not a cruise, just the ferry);
2) buying 1 pair of ornate indoor slippers (for Women) from Arasta Bazaar;
3) Entrance Fees (either to Blue Mosque or Basilica Cistern, 1 or 2 places max--though probably just 1 due to TIme Constraints);
4) buying 1 decorative lamp from Arasta.
Food for the day--and transportation from and to the Airport--we've already got covered.
Many thanks for your Estimates!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 3 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 4 Canal du Midi
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 12 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 St Denis Cathedral
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 No Periods in British Written English!
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Help please