We'll be in Istanbul for the first time and I have no idea what to expect regarding prices there.
I'd prefer not to be stuck with extra Turkish lira at home.
Since we'll be there for about half a day, how much should I withdraw in Turkish lira to cover the following for 2 Adults in Sultanahmet:
1) taking round-trip ferry ride (not a cruise, just the ferry);
2) buying 1 pair of ornate indoor slippers (for Women) from Arasta Bazaar;
3) Entrance Fees (either to Blue Mosque or Basilica Cistern, 1 or 2 places max--though probably just 1 due to TIme Constraints);
4) buying 1 decorative lamp from Arasta.
Food for the day--and transportation from and to the Airport--we've already got covered.
Many thanks for your Estimates!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 LIsbon
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 International Flight Question
- 6 Luggage Storage
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Back from Paris
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?