We'll be in Istanbul for the first time and I have no idea what to expect regarding prices there.
I'd prefer not to be stuck with extra Turkish lira at home.
Since we'll be there for about half a day, how much should I withdraw in Turkish lira to cover the following for 2 Adults in Sultanahmet:
1) taking round-trip ferry ride (not a cruise, just the ferry);
2) buying 1 pair of ornate indoor slippers (for Women) from Arasta Bazaar;
3) Entrance Fees (either to Blue Mosque or Basilica Cistern, 1 or 2 places max--though probably just 1 due to TIme Constraints);
4) buying 1 decorative lamp from Arasta.
Food for the day--and transportation from and to the Airport--we've already got covered.
Many thanks for your Estimates!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Train travel to and from Paris
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 SURPRISE TRIP
- 21 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more