Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 5 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 6 A Greek sojourn
- 7 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 8 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 9 Bregenz or Lindau
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 12 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 15 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 16 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 17 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 18 Winter in Paris
- 19 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 20 I need some big advice!
- 21 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 24 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!