Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 2 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 3 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 4 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 5 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 6 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 7 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 8 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 9 Positano in high season???
- 10 Porto to Salamanca
- 11 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 12 Where to stay in Prague?
- 13 Tyrol - need general help
- 14 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 15 Please help me plan my trip!
- 16 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 17 Hotel in Lisbon
- 18 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 19 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 20 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 21 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 22 Greece and Turkey
- 23 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 24 buying souviners and art
- 25 Where leave large suitcase in Bergen Norway