Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Greek sojourn
- 2 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 3 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 4 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 5 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 6 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 7 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 12 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Burgundy in May
- 15 Norway Advice
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 19 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 23 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 24 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 25 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain