Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 2 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 3 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 4 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 5 Voltage in UK and France
- 6 Snow Tires on rentals
- 7 New BMW pick-up travel
- 8 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 9 Cinque Terre
- 10 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 11 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 12 Athens airport question
- 13 Chamonix - Information
- 14 GPS in France
- 15 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 16 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 17 Germany for 3 weeks
- 18 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 19 South of France
- 20 Papal audience-Easter
- 21 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 22 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 23 A month in Positano - where to stay??
- 24 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 25 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?