Hello all, I'm a 20 yo male from the US who's traveled to Romania and Bulgaria already and am currently considering another trip to Eastern Europe this Winter/Spring. Everything was shaping up well until I told my family I'll be crossing out of the EU and into Ukraine for a portion of the trip, more specifically Lviv/Ivano-Frankivsk and south. They became very concerned for my potential safety as soon as I mentioned the name. I immediately went to the US and UK travel advisories for Ukraine, but they don't seem to trust these and want to hear more personal/anecdotal evidence. Their primary concern seems to be the relationship between Ukraine and the US, and that should I be arrested/lost/ect that the government will be of absolutely no help, wheres in EU countries this would not be a problem. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Any advice/experiences are appreciated. Thanks.
Is Western Ukraine a significantly more dangerous place than Romania?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 2 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 3 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 4 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 5 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 6 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 7 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 8 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 11 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 12 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 13 Majorca - where to stay?
- 14 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 15 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 16 Dordogne in October
- 17 iPhone Sim Data Question (UK, Italy, France)
- 18 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 19 Does this sound feasible?
- 20 Bike touring in France
- 21 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 22 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 23 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 24 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 25 Lake Como in October- when does season change