Planning a last minute trip to Paris in 2 weeks. This will be our first trip to Paris, celebrating my husband's 50th Birthday and our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Being our first trip to Paris we hope to experience all the typical tourist attractions, walk around, enjoy magnificent views and experience the Parisian lifestyle, bakeries and cafes. Understanding that it is Fashion Week and many preferred hotels are already booked, we have found a hotel, Hotel Brighton, right near the Jardin des Tuileries/short walk to Louvre. Does anyone know this area and is it safe? or would I be better off in a different area. There is very little availability in 5,6,7 arrondissement or St Germaine area at a reasonable rate, under 300 Euro.
Is Tuillieres Gardens/Louvre area a good area for hotel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 2 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 3 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 6 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 7 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 8 staying a month or so in each place
- 9 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 10 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 11 3 weeks in Europe
- 12 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 13 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 14 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 15 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 16 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 17 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 20 10 days in England
- 21 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 22 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 23 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 24 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 25 Paris: A Classical Music Concert