Planning a last minute trip to Paris in 2 weeks. This will be our first trip to Paris, celebrating my husband's 50th Birthday and our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Being our first trip to Paris we hope to experience all the typical tourist attractions, walk around, enjoy magnificent views and experience the Parisian lifestyle, bakeries and cafes. Understanding that it is Fashion Week and many preferred hotels are already booked, we have found a hotel, Hotel Brighton, right near the Jardin des Tuileries/short walk to Louvre. Does anyone know this area and is it safe? or would I be better off in a different area. There is very little availability in 5,6,7 arrondissement or St Germaine area at a reasonable rate, under 300 Euro.
Is Tuillieres Gardens/Louvre area a good area for hotel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heli Tour
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 What are the best places to see in England
- 4 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 9 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 15 Tight Planning?
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 18 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 19 Travel with Teens
- 20 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 21 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 25 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting