Planning a last minute trip to Paris in 2 weeks. This will be our first trip to Paris, celebrating my husband's 50th Birthday and our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Being our first trip to Paris we hope to experience all the typical tourist attractions, walk around, enjoy magnificent views and experience the Parisian lifestyle, bakeries and cafes. Understanding that it is Fashion Week and many preferred hotels are already booked, we have found a hotel, Hotel Brighton, right near the Jardin des Tuileries/short walk to Louvre. Does anyone know this area and is it safe? or would I be better off in a different area. There is very little availability in 5,6,7 arrondissement or St Germaine area at a reasonable rate, under 300 Euro.
Is Tuillieres Gardens/Louvre area a good area for hotel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pronunciation
- 2 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 3 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 4 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 5 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 6 What to wear
- 7 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 10 What still confounds you about travel?
- 11 Back home problems with sim card
- 12 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 13 How do you find French food?
- 14 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 15 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 16 GPS in Tuscany
- 17 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 italy
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 25 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?