New to the site, so hopefully I am posting my questions in all the right places. My husband and I are from the U.S. and looking to take a 2-month backpacking trip across Europe from end of July to end of September.
So far the plan is this:
Ireland - 7 days (rental car) Dublin to Dingle to Galway and back
Scotland - 5 days (rental car) Glasgow to Isle of Skye to Inverness
England - 5 days (subway/tour bus) London
Belgium - 3 days (rail/walk) Brussels flower carpet to Bruges
France - 9 days (subway) Paris to Bordeaux to Burgundy
Switzerland - 6 days (rail/??) Geneva to Grindelwald
Italy - 11 days (rail/walk) Rome to Florence to Venice
Austria - 3 days (rail/walk) Vienna
Poland - 3 days (rail/??) Krakow
Czech Republic - 3 days (??) Prague
Germany - 4 days (rail/walk) Munich Oktoberfest
My husband and I are both in our early 30's and this will be our first trip to Europe!
Any advice on best mode of transport/hostels/favorite hole in the wall diners or must-do trails? Also...any tips on which electronic devices we should bring and best ways to Skype family throughout trip? All responses will be read and greatly appreciated.
I've noted above in parenthesis what we had planned to do w/transportation...is there more than 1 rail company, that part seems so confusing to me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 2 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 5 Trip to Switzerland
- 6 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 7 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 Rome hotel
- 11 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 12 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Seville to Cordoba
- 15 London Hotel - Different Request
- 16 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 London 6 day itinerary
- 21 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 24 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 25 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast