I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Is the Sistine Chapel really worth a visit?
- 1 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 2 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 3 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 4 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 5 Phone in europe
- 6 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 7 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 8 HELP stuck in Italy
- 9 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 10 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 11 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 12 I Need To Vent!
- 13 Help with itenerary
- 14 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 15 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 16 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 17 jungfraujoch mid june
- 18 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 19 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 20 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 21 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 22 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 23 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 24 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 25 car rental agency near train station in Firenze