I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CARE
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Trogir or Split
- 7 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Edinbrugh
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 15 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 16 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 17 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 18 Berlin to ?
- 19 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 20 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 25 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?