I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Planning A trip
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Checking accounts in Europe
- 10 Accountant in Slovenia
- 11 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 12 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 16 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 17 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 24 Long weekend in Albania
- 25 car rental