I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years