I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 8 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 9 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 10 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 11 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 16 London Theater
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Greece mainland and islands
- 21 Lyon france-- rental car
- 22 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...