I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Is the Sistine Chapel really worth a visit?
- 1 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 2 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 3 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 4 Places to visit from London
- 5 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 6 Do and don't, eating in France
- 7 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 8 Spain with kids
- 9 Paris Ticket t+
- 10 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 11 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 12 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 13 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 14 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 15 Getting the best our of Europe
- 16 best clubs in barcelona
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 18 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 19 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 20 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 21 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 22 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 23 Last minute lake change....
- 24 getting out of rome airport to hotel?
- 25 Affordable London Hotel