I am going to visit Rome between May 30th and June 2nd and thought about seeing the Sistine Chapel (just it, I don't think the Vatican Museums might interest me). The thing is: a friend who's been there told me that in Summer the room is packed, that you have to bend the neck and look at the ceiling in an uncomfortable position, and - the worst of all! - the room is poorly lit (to preserve the paintings). Is it worth seeing such a painting in a ceiling, even if it has been painted by Michelangelo and is considered an icon? I'd rather spend my money in the Uffizi Palace, where it has several paintings I'd love to see in person.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 2 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 3 Attention guys
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 6 Rome-Itinerary
- 7 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 11 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 12 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 13 Berlin to Italy
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Florence - Where to stay
- 16 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 17 Killarney
- 18 Where to go!?
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Vacation
- 21 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 22 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 23 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!