Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Is the drive from Salzburg to Vienna a scenic one?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 2 Change in Travel
- 3 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 4 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 5 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 6 Typical where to go honeymoon question. But please help
- 7 Why Is Europe Becoming More Prudish? Or Is It?
- 8 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 9 Italy and Greece in 2 Weeks?!
- 10 Getting Around Greece
- 11 Snorkling around Var?
- 12 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 13 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 14 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 15 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 16 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 17 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 18 Exhibition of Canaletto's paintings in Aix-en-Provence
- 19 Help with Choice of Greek Islands for Honeymoon
- 20 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 21 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 22 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 23 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 24 Is Capri overrated?
- 25 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1