Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 2 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/intellux/
- 3 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 4 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 3 Night Stopover mid September - What to see/do?
- 7 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 10 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 13 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 14 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 15 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 16 First trip to London and Paris, need your comments
- 17 Scotland Highlands
- 18 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 19 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 20 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 21 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 22 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 23 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 24 Lunch restaurant near Modena Acetias
- 25 venice/slovenia/croatia