Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 2 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 3 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 4 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 5 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 10 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 11 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 12 Tuscany Trip
- 13 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 19 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 20 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 21 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 22 Need help with my itinerary
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents