Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RESET : YAHOO ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT YAHOO MAIL24x7
- 2 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 3 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 4 Paris- restaurant
- 5 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 6 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 7 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 8 Iceland car rental agencies
- 9 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 10 Happy birthday ATM
- 11 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 12 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 13 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 14 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 22 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 23 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 24 2 days in Lugano area
- 25 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France