Husband and I will spending a few days in Salzburg before heading to Vienna for several days as part of a 25th anniversary trip coming up in early May. We are going to rent a car for our last day or two in Salzburg because my hubby likes to just get out and "discover" off the beaten path locales. Now we are debating keeping the car, instead of taking the train, to drive on to Vienna(and turn it in as soon as we arrive)but wondering how "scenic" the drive is and if anyone can suggest any stops along the way that might be fun or if we should take a route other than the standard one that google maps shows.
We are mid-50's and are excited by beautiful mountains, quaint villages, unique architecture, good food, history, art, etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stonehenge and Bath
- 2 Barcelona extension
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 8 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 9 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 10 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 13 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 14 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 15 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 16 Kilt makers
- 17 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 18 Puglia
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 My First Trip to Europe...
- 22 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 train from ravenna to parma
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia