Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 3 Which Hotel in Rome
- 4 Alitala
- 5 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Stu Tower
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 11 SE ITALY
- 12 renting
- 13 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 14 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 15 6 Days in Italy
- 16 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 17 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 18 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 19 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 20 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 25 Shuttle from CDG into Paris