Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Is Taormina really that bad?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mask Making in Venice
- 2 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 5 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 6 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 Eating in France-two new books
- 9 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 10 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 german rail ticket question
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 18 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 19 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 1 week in Croatia
- 23 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 24 Trip to Iceland
- 25 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel