Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 9 IWM
- 10 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 11 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 14 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 15 quickest way to Prague
- 16 Paris for children
- 17 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 18 Scotland - We're Here!
- 19 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 20 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 23 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 24 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 25 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May