Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 12 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 16 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Italy in a week
- 19 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip