Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay in Europe
- 2 Another Book List for Italy
- 3 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 4 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 7 Classical Music in Milan
- 8 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 9 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 10 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 11 touring near rome airport
- 12 12 Days in Italy
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 15 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 16 day tours - Loire Valley
- 17 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 18 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 19 Sienna with kids
- 20 8 days in switzerland
- 21 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 22 Places to visits near Porto
- 23 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 24 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 25 Italy - best two central locations