Im planning on spending 5 days on the East Coast of Sicily and would like to use Taormina as a base to visit Mt Etna, Siracusa and Catania (aswell as go to the beach in Taormina and explore the town aswell). However, Ive heard from various people that Taormina is 'awful' and touristy. Im confused, because lots of people in this forum have raved about it.
Any advice on this would be appreciated!
Is Taormina really that bad?
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 A full week in The Netherlands
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 13 Apartments in Rome
- 14 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 15 Prague - must see
- 16 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 17 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 18 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 7 days in Andalucia
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France