I am from US. I will be in Germany on business and have 6 days for vacation that I can take in Germany or other countries in Europe.
As a first choice am looking at Switzerland - mostly because I love nature, lakes and mountains. However, I also like history and architecture so was interested in Italy, Austria, Czech Republic etc.
I live in Westchester county by the Hudson river and the area and surrounding areas have lot of beautiful nature and I have also traveled around USA.
My question is for someone who has seen US and Switzerland and other European countries, does Switzerland offers anything nature wise that having seen nature/scenery in USA is still worth going?
My plan in Switzerland is to stay in Lucerne, Murren, and Cully. I plan to take the Glacier express too.
Sorry for the loaded question - I am looking for some insights/views/opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 9 Days in Spain
- 16 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 17 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 18 Iceland early december visit
- 19 Zurich to Milan trip
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 22 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada