I am from US. I will be in Germany on business and have 6 days for vacation that I can take in Germany or other countries in Europe.
As a first choice am looking at Switzerland - mostly because I love nature, lakes and mountains. However, I also like history and architecture so was interested in Italy, Austria, Czech Republic etc.
I live in Westchester county by the Hudson river and the area and surrounding areas have lot of beautiful nature and I have also traveled around USA.
My question is for someone who has seen US and Switzerland and other European countries, does Switzerland offers anything nature wise that having seen nature/scenery in USA is still worth going?
My plan in Switzerland is to stay in Lucerne, Murren, and Cully. I plan to take the Glacier express too.
Sorry for the loaded question - I am looking for some insights/views/opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 3 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 info Faro & Algarve
- 12 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 13 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 14 Nafplio to Hydra
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?