I am from US. I will be in Germany on business and have 6 days for vacation that I can take in Germany or other countries in Europe.
As a first choice am looking at Switzerland - mostly because I love nature, lakes and mountains. However, I also like history and architecture so was interested in Italy, Austria, Czech Republic etc.
I live in Westchester county by the Hudson river and the area and surrounding areas have lot of beautiful nature and I have also traveled around USA.
My question is for someone who has seen US and Switzerland and other European countries, does Switzerland offers anything nature wise that having seen nature/scenery in USA is still worth going?
My plan in Switzerland is to stay in Lucerne, Murren, and Cully. I plan to take the Glacier express too.
Sorry for the loaded question - I am looking for some insights/views/opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Bernina Express mid-March
- 5 Ireland travel passport question
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 8 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 where to stay in London?
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Juangfrau / mt
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 23 Questions about Polish sights
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel