I am from US. I will be in Germany on business and have 6 days for vacation that I can take in Germany or other countries in Europe.
As a first choice am looking at Switzerland - mostly because I love nature, lakes and mountains. However, I also like history and architecture so was interested in Italy, Austria, Czech Republic etc.
I live in Westchester county by the Hudson river and the area and surrounding areas have lot of beautiful nature and I have also traveled around USA.
My question is for someone who has seen US and Switzerland and other European countries, does Switzerland offers anything nature wise that having seen nature/scenery in USA is still worth going?
My plan in Switzerland is to stay in Lucerne, Murren, and Cully. I plan to take the Glacier express too.
Sorry for the loaded question - I am looking for some insights/views/opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 vegetarian in spain
- 3 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Imbros Gorge
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 25 38 Days in Paris