Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April?
- 2 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 3 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 Toulouse and beyond -
- 6 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 11 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 London hotel
- 18 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 19 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 23 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 24 Germany-berlin marathon
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid