Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art in Paris
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 4 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 5 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 13 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 14 Hotels that we found special
- 15 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 18 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Great London Bars with a view
- 21 Rome Food Tour
- 22 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Rental car while in Ireland