Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 2 Wines charted by flavor
- 3 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 4 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 5 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 6 at what point should one get health insurance
- 7 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 9 4 Months in Europe
- 10 Spain in November
- 11 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 14 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 15 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 16 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 17 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 18 Milan at the end of September
- 19 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 20 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 21 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 22 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Tipping in the UK
- 25 floods in Andalucia