Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 nearby cities to london
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 9 days in turkey
- 8 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 13 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 17 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 18 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 24 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh