Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5am arrival in Dublin
- 2 10 Hours in Brussels
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 5 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 6 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 10 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 11 Local Tour in Provence?
- 12 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 13 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 What are the best places to see in England
- 16 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 17 Transportation in Barcelona
- 18 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 19 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 20 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 23 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 24 Day trip from London to Paris
- 25 Amsterdam Itiniary