Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 2 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 week in calabria
- 5 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 6 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 7 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 8 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 9 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 10 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 11 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 12 Akrotiri Tours
- 13 Walking in Oslo
- 14 London hotel tax is 20%
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 19 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 20 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 21 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 22 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 23 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 24 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 25 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia