Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Duoro river cruises
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 5 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 6 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 9 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 SIM card for eastern europe
- 12 Munich and Dachau
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 15 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Three days in Spain
- 21 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 22 car rental advice in Portugal
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?