Hello - Can anyone enlighten me about what I ate in Arles? I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a delicious crusty baguette. However the "ham" was unlike any ham I had previosuly eaten. It was quite pink, very moist and thinly sliced. It had a similar appearance to smoked salmon (the moist kind, not the dry kind). After I thought about it, I wondered whether it might have been raw, and how safe it was to eat? In the US, as far as I know, all ham is fully cooked. Any thoughts?
Is some French ham raw?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 4 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 5 Venice Banning Fodors
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 10 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 11 Eiffel tower tickets
- 12 4-6 weeks
- 13 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 14 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Rome---August and September
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 21 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 South of France November Trip Report