We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy