We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Cinqueterre
- 5 stonehenge day trip from london
- 6 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 7 Trip to Ireland in September
- 8 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 9 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 14 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 19 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 20 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Athens International airport