We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 2 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 5 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Rouen Tour Companies
- 8 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 15 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan