We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US :HOTMAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 HOTMAIL MAIL 24*7
- 2 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 5 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Spain Itinerary
- 12 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 ATM
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 17 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)