We are travelling in France & Italy this summer, staying primarily in houses and apartments rather than hotels. I'm almost done with our France reservations, but I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle by booking our first apartment in Paris with a Sunday checkout day. I didn't realize that almost all properties in Provence have a Saturday changeover day. Luckily, I have been able to find a few with Sunday changeover days, so disaster was averted. I'm down to booking my last location in France and thinking of doing a hotel so I can kind of reset our changeover day, by staying 6 nights instead of 7.
I know Italy is a large country with lots of properties with varying changeover days, but will I largely find that Saturday is the changeover day? A quick check of some apartment renting websites make it seem that Saturday is the day, but I thought some of you would know if that's largely the case.
We'll be in Italy for 4 weeks, driving in from France and flying out of Rome. We are thinking of staying in the Tuscan countryside and maybe the Amalfi coast. I'm sorry I haven't done more research to give you more specific locations, I've been completely immersed in my France planning thus far. We'll also spend some short periods in Venice, Rome and Florence, but I'm hoping that, as with Paris, the rentals there are more flexible, or I'll be very happy to stay in hotels in the cities. This trip is more about the countryside for us, so that's where we'll spend the bulk of our time.
Thanks for your help! If I had asked this question about France I would have saved myself a lot of trouble!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 7 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?