People travel for different reasons and personally, I simply like pretty-looking destinations (like Amsterdam) and of course, good-ambiance. I’ve haven’t been to Rotterdam. My understanding is that it wasn’t restored after World War II but rather got a futuristic-style makeover. Sometimes cities can look attractive like that, like Canada’s Toronto and even Germany’s Hamburg. However, most of the time, such cities just aren’t particularly attractive (at least for the casual stroller).
Long story short, for tourists like me who simply want to visit the Netherlands’ highlights, would you recommend Rotterdam or would you say that relatively large and economically important Rotterdam has a pleasant enough vibe but ultimately is nothing much of a ‘must-see’? On a side note, how long is the train ride from Rotterdam to Alkmaar? On that note, is Alkmaar around as attractive as Leiden and Delft (I really liked those 2 towns)?
Is Rotterdam a ‘Must’?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 2 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 12 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 16 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 nearby cities to london
- 20 Hotel in Venice
- 21 9 days in turkey
- 22 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 25 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome