People travel for different reasons and personally, I simply like pretty-looking destinations (like Amsterdam) and of course, good-ambiance. I’ve haven’t been to Rotterdam. My understanding is that it wasn’t restored after World War II but rather got a futuristic-style makeover. Sometimes cities can look attractive like that, like Canada’s Toronto and even Germany’s Hamburg. However, most of the time, such cities just aren’t particularly attractive (at least for the casual stroller).
Long story short, for tourists like me who simply want to visit the Netherlands’ highlights, would you recommend Rotterdam or would you say that relatively large and economically important Rotterdam has a pleasant enough vibe but ultimately is nothing much of a ‘must-see’? On a side note, how long is the train ride from Rotterdam to Alkmaar? On that note, is Alkmaar around as attractive as Leiden and Delft (I really liked those 2 towns)?
Is Rotterdam a ‘Must’?
- 1 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 2 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 3 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 4 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Wimpy's
- 7 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 8 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 9 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 12 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 13 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 14 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 15 jungfraujoch mid june
- 16 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 19 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 20 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 21 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 22 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 25 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy