People travel for different reasons and personally, I simply like pretty-looking destinations (like Amsterdam) and of course, good-ambiance. I’ve haven’t been to Rotterdam. My understanding is that it wasn’t restored after World War II but rather got a futuristic-style makeover. Sometimes cities can look attractive like that, like Canada’s Toronto and even Germany’s Hamburg. However, most of the time, such cities just aren’t particularly attractive (at least for the casual stroller).
Long story short, for tourists like me who simply want to visit the Netherlands’ highlights, would you recommend Rotterdam or would you say that relatively large and economically important Rotterdam has a pleasant enough vibe but ultimately is nothing much of a ‘must-see’? On a side note, how long is the train ride from Rotterdam to Alkmaar? On that note, is Alkmaar around as attractive as Leiden and Delft (I really liked those 2 towns)?
Is Rotterdam a ‘Must’?
- 1 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 2 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 3 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Backpacking through Europe
- 6 Connection in Newark EWR
- 7 Tennyson Home
- 8 going to cambridge in the summer on a saturday
- 9 Travel Asti to Beaune
- 10 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 11 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 12 Istanbul Hotels
- 13 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 14 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 15 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 16 Four weeks in Spain with kids
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 19 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 20 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 21 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 24 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 25 Approx taxi cost: CDG airport to Paris(7th arr)?