Time for your two cents worth. I'll be in Italy next May and I'm wondering if Pompeii is a "must see". From my research it looks like it's quite a joint from Rome. 3 hours?
If it is a must see, do you day trip from Rome via train or car? Or stay overnight somewhere nearby?
Thanks in advance for you opinions and input.
Is Pompeii A MUST See?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 4 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 5 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 6 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 7 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 France in 2003
- 11 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 12 Maratea
- 13 2 different itineraries
- 14 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 15 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 16 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 17 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 20 Home Base in Belgium
- 21 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 22 Now for the Venice hotel
- 23 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 24 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 25 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?