Time for your two cents worth. I'll be in Italy next May and I'm wondering if Pompeii is a "must see". From my research it looks like it's quite a joint from Rome. 3 hours?
If it is a must see, do you day trip from Rome via train or car? Or stay overnight somewhere nearby?
Thanks in advance for you opinions and input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Excess insurance
- 2 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 5 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 6 Day trips from Marseilles
- 7 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 8 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 9 Airfare from Los Angeles to London Heathrow on Air New Zealand
- 10 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 11 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 12 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 13 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 14 Croatia in 7 days
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Need help in travel planning
- 17 London: Battle of the badges
- 18 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 19 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 20 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 21 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 22 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 23 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 24 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini