Time for your two cents worth. I'll be in Italy next May and I'm wondering if Pompeii is a "must see". From my research it looks like it's quite a joint from Rome. 3 hours?
If it is a must see, do you day trip from Rome via train or car? Or stay overnight somewhere nearby?
Thanks in advance for you opinions and input.
Is Pompeii A MUST See?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 2 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 3 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 4 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 5 Where salsa dancing in barcelona?
- 6 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 7 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 9 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 10 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 11 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 12 Where to travel during the first week of April in Europe?
- 13 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 14 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 15 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 16 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 17 Albi/Carcassone
- 18 Buying tickets on line for museums etc
- 19 Mont St. Michele?
- 20 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 21 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 22 Our first trip to Europe
- 23 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 24 Itinerary help needed!
- 25 driving from Bordeaux to Paris