Time for your two cents worth. I'll be in Italy next May and I'm wondering if Pompeii is a "must see". From my research it looks like it's quite a joint from Rome. 3 hours?
If it is a must see, do you day trip from Rome via train or car? Or stay overnight somewhere nearby?
Thanks in advance for you opinions and input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 5 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 8 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 9 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 10 Amalfi or Positano
- 11 Croatia travel ideas
- 12 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 13 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 14 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 15 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 16 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 17 Public Transport information App/Website
- 18 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 19 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 21 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 22 12 Days in Italy
- 23 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 24 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 25 house exchange