I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 3 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 4 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 7 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 8 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 13 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 14 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 15 Bank of England Museum
- 16 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 19 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 20 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 21 Palermo and Taormina
- 22 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 23 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 24 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 25 Where to stay for one night ???