I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 TGV and Provence questions
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 12 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 13 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 22 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla