I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He said , she said
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 4 Paris in April?
- 5 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 9 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 quiet hotel
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Venice hotel selection
- 15 May trip to the islands
- 16 Where to stay in Rome
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 19 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 20 Augsburg with kids
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring