I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
- 1 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 2 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 3 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 4 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 5 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 6 Car rental
- 7 Day trip to Capri
- 8 Southern Italy Itinerary- is this do-able?
- 9 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 10 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 11 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 12 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 13 RHK's heading to Europe
- 14 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 15 France in 7 days
- 16 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 17 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 18 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 19 Istanbul in April
- 20 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 21 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 22 Driving around Amalfi on first visit...
- 23 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 24 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 25 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days