I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 Itinerary Help!
- 4 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 5 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 8 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 9 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 10 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Scotland
- 13 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 15 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 16 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 17 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 18 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 19 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 22 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 23 Street food in Turkey
- 24 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 25 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza