I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 We Need a Pact
- 3 Where to go from Brussels?
- 4 I need a haircut
- 5 What to wear
- 6 All you need in croatia
- 7 Tipping in Greece
- 8 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 12 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 13 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 14 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 17 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 20 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 21 Bayern seasonal pass
- 22 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 23 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 24 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 25 Italy vacation rental help