I read through 3 different travel sources and I got really mixed reviews on Palermo. They all write that Palermo has a lot of monuments, but 1 guide calls it ‘beautiful’, the other ‘dirty and unpleasant’ and the 3rd one ‘somewhere in the middle’. Honestly, I have no idea, so I am seeking input. Is Palermo among Italy’s most beautiful urban centers like Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena and Torino or is Palermo not really a highlight for most visitors to this large island? I do know most visitors absolutely love Stromboli island, amazing archeological sites at Agrigento, Syracuse and Taormina, beach destinations like Taormina, Cefalu and San Vito Lo Capo and otherwise Mount Etna, but again, what’s visitors’ overall take on Palermo and spending time there?
Is Palermo a ‘Highlight’ for Most Visitors to Sicily?
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 River cruises
- 5 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 6 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 10 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 15 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 16 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Belgium
- 24 Navigo Decouverte
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking