We are planning a trip in September covering Cinque Terre with the Riviera Towns near Cinque Terre, Lake Como area with a day trip to Lugano (Switzerland), Milan with day trips to Verona, Lake Maggiore and St. Moritz (Switzerland).
We will arrive to Civitavecchia by a cruise ship early morning on September 10.
Since we’ve already traveled to Rome, Florence, Venice, and Siena before and will visit Livorno (planning to take a trip to Pisa and Lucca) and Genoa from the cruise ship we will take a train from Civitavecchia to Monterosso al Mare with change of trains in La Spezia.
Here is my itinerary:
Sept.10. Arrive to Monterosso.
Sept.10- 15. Stay 5 nights in Monterosso. Hiking/taking train/boat between 5 villages, swimming, a day trip to Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino.
Sept. 15. Take a train to Milan, continue to the Lakes area (Varenna).
Sept.15-Sept 19. Stay 4 nights in Varenna exploring Lake Como area and take a day trip to Lugano (Switzerland).
Sept. 19. Take a train to Milan.
Sept. 19-Sept. 24. Stay 5 nights in Milan. Explore Milan (2 days) and take a day trip to Maggiore (Train to Stresa, boat to Isola Belle, Isola Superiore), tale a day trip to Verona, take a day tour to St. Moritz (Switzerland) by Viator.
Sept.24. Fly out of Milan International Airport (MXP).
I know this itinerary is not perfect since it is entirely based on the info I found on the Internet and Rick Steves “Italy” book (2016 edition).
I am looking forward to your feedback with suggestions on how to make it better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:482:3831 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 5 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 Long weekend in Albania
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 12 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 scotland itinerary
- 15 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 Hotel in Florence
- 19 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 20 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 21 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 22 Malta - how to do it?
- 23 Using CPAP machine in France
- 24 Castle Stays in Wales
- 25 Uk and Ireland