We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in travel planning
- 2 Italy/Greece with kids
- 3 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 Munich
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Northern lights in December
- 10 Booking hotels before trains
- 11 Flights from Croatia
- 12 What to expect over Christmas
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 Budapest
- 16 First time in France
- 17 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 18 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 19 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Rome
- 22 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 23 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?