We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour or independent
- 2 Vet my itinerary
- 3 Italy - best two central locations
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 6 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 7 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 8 Flamenco Shows
- 9 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 10 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 11 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 12 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 13 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 14 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 15 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 16 What to see in Dresden...
- 17 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 18 10 days in Germany
- 19 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 20 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 21 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 22 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 23 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er