We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT POGO CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 Pogo Reset Password
- 2 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 6 Where in Greece
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 13 Vatican tour
- 14 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 15 Day in Capri
- 16 alcazar question and seville advice
- 17 TSA Precheck
- 18 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 19 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 20 First visit to London
- 21 Paris travel help
- 22 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Rome hotel