We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 Switzerland in October
- 6 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 7 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 8 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 9 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 13 Tuscany First Time
- 14 Iceland car rental agencies
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 21 2 days in Lugano area
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 24 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice