We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 2 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 3 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 4 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 5 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 6 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 7 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 8 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 9 Marseille Airport rental return
- 10 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 11 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 12 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 13 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 14 Alhambra
- 15 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 16 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 17 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 20 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 21 Italy weather last week of March.
- 22 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 23 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 24 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 25 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?