We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 2 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 3 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 4 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 5 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 6 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 7 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 8 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 9 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 10 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 11 European Championship
- 12 Departure Tax in UK
- 13 Parking in Italy
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 FAQs
- 16 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 17 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 18 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 19 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 20 1 week in Malaga
- 21 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 22 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 23 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 24 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 25 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)