We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Under Attack...
- 2 3 Days in Naples...
- 3 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 4 From Genoa to Rome...
- 5 How big backpack do I need?
- 6 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 9 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 10 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 11 Dentix in Spain
- 12 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 15 First trip - destination advice!
- 16 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 17 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 18 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 19 Stonehenge and Bath
- 20 Path of the Gods Question
- 21 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 22 Should I speculate?
- 23 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Prague on a budget...