We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Is Le Havre worth the trip? How about Amiens and Rouen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Augsburg with kids
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 6 He said , she said
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 9 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 12 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 13 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 14 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 15 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 16 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid