We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 2 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 3 UK in May and June
- 4 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 7 Poland to Austria In December
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 10 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 15 Norwegian Air?
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 24 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid