We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 2 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 3 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 4 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 5 Train Question
- 6 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 7 GPS vs Google Maps
- 8 Bavaria in August
- 9 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 10 Switzerland in 8 days
- 11 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 14 Luggage on trains/security?
- 15 day trip to hampton court
- 16 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 17 10 nights in France
- 18 Helsinki is a fascinating place for people watching.
- 19 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 20 London Paris
- 21 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 22 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 23 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 24 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 25 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux