We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda to Seville
- 2 Europe Itinerary
- 3 February in Florence
- 4 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 5 11 days in Andalusia
- 6 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 7 Belgium for the 1st time
- 8 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 9 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 10 Our short visit to Stockholm: A few details and many photos
- 11 visa expired
- 12 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 13 Car rental Croatia
- 14 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 15 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 16 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 17 PLITVICE LAKES
- 18 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 19 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 20 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 21 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 22 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 25 Puglia, and a touch of Rome