We are in the process of planning our 2005 trip. We will be spending a week in a tiny village between Montreuil and Hesdin in Picardie at the home of a couple to whom I teach French--a very thoughtful Christmas gift to us, following a few days in Amsterdam. We have spent some time in Normandy in the past, having visited the battlefields near Bayeux, Deauville, Trouville and Honfleur, as well as Giverny several times. We are considering a day trip, with a possible overnight if warranted to Le Havre--the first spot in France I ever saw, lo those 40 years ago when I arrived for my junior year abroad. Of particular interest is the Musee Andre Malraux, which indicates quite a collection. We are considering a stop there, then on to Rouen. I would really welcome some advice as to whether a round trip day would work for this (ViaMichelin indicates the Le Havre drive to be about 2 hours--and Rouen would be somewhat on the way back). Would it be better to do Rouen for a full day by itself? How about Amiens? Although we have been to France many times, we have not visited either of those locations before nor have we spent time in Picardie. I welcome other suggestions for our week in Picardie. We will spend one day on a visit to Bruges. While we enjoy lovely scenery and history, art is always tops on the list for us.
Thank you in advance Fodorites for your suggestions. Just a note to say we will finish our trip in Paris for several days before heading home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Friends Tour
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 4 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 5 Walking Scotland
- 6 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 7 Help with itinerary
- 8 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 9 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 10 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 11 I forgot my international driver permit
- 12 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 13 Bordeaux TRIP
- 14 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 15 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven
- 16 August - Barge Racing in Friesland
- 17 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 18 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 19 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 20 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 21 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 22 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 23 England and Wales by public transport
- 24 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 25 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?