The reason why I am asking this is based on my experience.
In 2007, I did a Paris-Venice trip. I spent the last week of June in Paris and the first week of July in Venice. The week in Paris was scorching hot, while the week in Venice was pleasently warm.
In 2008, I did a Campania-Sicily trip. The same situation happened. That very last week of June in Naples and Amalfi was Hell, while the first week of July in Sicily was OK. Even the B&B owner in Naples told that I should've waited until July to visit the area while the weather adjusted.
I traveled to Madrid last year during the first week of July. I thought the weather was OK, although I talked to a few people that said that June had actually been intolerably hot.
I am traveling to Lecce-Ischia-Rome this month, and now I am fearing the same. I'll spend the last two weeks of June in Lecce-Ischia, and the first days of July in Rome.
Only 2010, seemed to be the opposite. I visited Lisbon-Trieste, and Trieste was warmer in July than Lisbon in June. However, I'd read that Lisbon usually enjoys nice weather because of its geographical position.
I often read how June is less warm than July, but, in my experience, it has been the opposite. Has it been a coincidence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 2 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise