The reason why I am asking this is based on my experience.
In 2007, I did a Paris-Venice trip. I spent the last week of June in Paris and the first week of July in Venice. The week in Paris was scorching hot, while the week in Venice was pleasently warm.
In 2008, I did a Campania-Sicily trip. The same situation happened. That very last week of June in Naples and Amalfi was Hell, while the first week of July in Sicily was OK. Even the B&B owner in Naples told that I should've waited until July to visit the area while the weather adjusted.
I traveled to Madrid last year during the first week of July. I thought the weather was OK, although I talked to a few people that said that June had actually been intolerably hot.
I am traveling to Lecce-Ischia-Rome this month, and now I am fearing the same. I'll spend the last two weeks of June in Lecce-Ischia, and the first days of July in Rome.
Only 2010, seemed to be the opposite. I visited Lisbon-Trieste, and Trieste was warmer in July than Lisbon in June. However, I'd read that Lisbon usually enjoys nice weather because of its geographical position.
I often read how June is less warm than July, but, in my experience, it has been the opposite. Has it been a coincidence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure