The reason why I am asking this is based on my experience.
In 2007, I did a Paris-Venice trip. I spent the last week of June in Paris and the first week of July in Venice. The week in Paris was scorching hot, while the week in Venice was pleasently warm.
In 2008, I did a Campania-Sicily trip. The same situation happened. That very last week of June in Naples and Amalfi was Hell, while the first week of July in Sicily was OK. Even the B&B owner in Naples told that I should've waited until July to visit the area while the weather adjusted.
I traveled to Madrid last year during the first week of July. I thought the weather was OK, although I talked to a few people that said that June had actually been intolerably hot.
I am traveling to Lecce-Ischia-Rome this month, and now I am fearing the same. I'll spend the last two weeks of June in Lecce-Ischia, and the first days of July in Rome.
Only 2010, seemed to be the opposite. I visited Lisbon-Trieste, and Trieste was warmer in July than Lisbon in June. However, I'd read that Lisbon usually enjoys nice weather because of its geographical position.
I often read how June is less warm than July, but, in my experience, it has been the opposite. Has it been a coincidence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 2 Ireland
- 3 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 4 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 8 10 day Italy
- 9 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 14 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 What to do at 7:00am
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 19 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Planning a European Trip