I've always enjoyed road trips as a kid, which is why my husband and I have decided to rent a car in Germany for a week. We were heavily discouraged on driving during winter. Are the roads in the area we are going dangerous? Are there lots of turns and possibility of snow during this time of the year?
If this area is not ideal, is there another area in Germany where driving could be safer?
We appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RESTORE AOLASSWORD RECOVERY 1:800:570:1233 CONTACT TEC*H 24/7
- 2 Zurich to Milan trip
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Northern Ireland ideas
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Is it safe to drive the German Alpine road- 3rd week of November?