I've always enjoyed road trips as a kid, which is why my husband and I have decided to rent a car in Germany for a week. We were heavily discouraged on driving during winter. Are the roads in the area we are going dangerous? Are there lots of turns and possibility of snow during this time of the year?
If this area is not ideal, is there another area in Germany where driving could be safer?
We appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 2 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 3 Two for One Days OUt
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece
- 9 Tour of Northern Italy
- 10 Italy for Christmas Week
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 restaurants in Marais district
- 13 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 A Month stay in Southern France
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 22 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 23 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 24 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 25 France & Italy, May or June
Is it safe to drive the German Alpine road- 3rd week of November?