I've always enjoyed road trips as a kid, which is why my husband and I have decided to rent a car in Germany for a week. We were heavily discouraged on driving during winter. Are the roads in the area we are going dangerous? Are there lots of turns and possibility of snow during this time of the year?
If this area is not ideal, is there another area in Germany where driving could be safer?
We appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 3 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 4 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 7 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 11 Dublin Leap Card
- 12 vegetarian in spain
- 13 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 14 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 15 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 16 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 19 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 20 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 21 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 22 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
Is it safe to drive the German Alpine road- 3rd week of November?