Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?