Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 2 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 3 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 4 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 5 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 6 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 7 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 8 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 9 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 10 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 11 How to make this adventure work?
- 12 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 13 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 14 dining in Brussels
- 15 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 16 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 17 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 18 using airbnb for the first time...
- 19 Madrid: City Views
- 20 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 21 plug adapters ITALY
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 24 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 25 How much luggage?????