Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 2 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 3 Walking GPS?
- 4 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 5 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 6 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 7 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 8 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 9 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 10 Cost of Van from CDG
- 11 Portugal trains
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 16 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 17 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 18 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 19 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 20 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 21 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 22 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 New Dublin Museum
- 25 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?