Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Days in Italy
- 2 Health insurance coverage
- 3 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 4 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 5 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 6 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 7 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 8 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 9 Family vacay in Europe
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 12 Italy - best two central locations
- 13 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 16 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 17 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 Pousadas in Portugal
- 23 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 From Denmark to Balkan and around
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?