Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stonehenge and Bath
- 2 Barcelona extension
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 8 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 9 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 10 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 13 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 14 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 15 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 16 Kilt makers
- 17 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 18 Puglia
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 My First Trip to Europe...
- 22 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 train from ravenna to parma
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?