Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 3 Chamonix to Paris
- 4 Scotland and London 21 days
- 5 Rome to venice
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 8 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 9 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 13 help with Italy itinerary
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 20 Praiana to Positano
- 21 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 22 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 23 Venice
- 24 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 25 A new species of Homo Sapien??
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?