Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 2 Train Ticket Help
- 3 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 4 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 5 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 6 Whirlwind trip!
- 7 Car rental between countries
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 11 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 12 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 13 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 14 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 15 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 16 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 England and Wales by public transport
- 19 Rhine River Cruise
- 20 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 21 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 22 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 23 Greece in 15 Days
- 24 Walking Scotland
- 25 Adaptors for Belgium
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?