Still trying to decide a destination for our August trip. My husband and I, both 35, are thinking about a 5 night break in Crete. We def. want to stay in one place and move around (either by car or public transport). We don't want to spend all of our time on the road so need to be based in a nice place with a lot to offer. From my research, Chania seems to fit that. Having said that, is Heraklion as a base a good option also? We want to do a lot of wandering on foot and relax (good scenery, food, etc..)
Both places have nice hotels, we are looking for a 4-5 stars hotel in good location pref. with balcony or view. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Athens Help
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 5 Berlin -clubs
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 8 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 9 base in brussels
- 10 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 celticmoon, a quick question
Is it possible to do Crete while based in either Chania or Heraklion only?