I know in Europe people typically drive smaller cars. Will it be hard for my family (2 adults, 3 children age 13, 10 and 4) to find taxi from Athens airport? And in general in the city, like from hotel to the port? We will have several luggage as well. And can anyone tell me the approximate price for the trip？
A taxi service with a 7 seater Limo has quoted 100 Euro each way from/to airport, and 80 Euro for port. That is a bit steep to me. Though I guess one has to pay price for the comfort and convenience.
I have no problem taking the kids on Metro once settled, but figure it would be easier to use taxi when we first arrive at the airport. Any suggestion or advice are welcome. Thank you all very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Italy in a week
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 9 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 10 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 11 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 12 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 13 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 14 My special places in Europe
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 18 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 19 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 22 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 23 Travelling with Vueling?
- 24 Night Bus?
- 25 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
Is it easy to find taxi in Athens that will fit a family of five？