I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 2 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 3 Departure Tax in UK
- 4 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help
- 6 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 7 Bank of America in Ireland?
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 10 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 11 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 12 Austria
- 13 Norway Itinerary
- 14 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 15 Train Help
- 16 Dolomites October 14-18
- 17 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 18 Charles Degaulle question
- 19 Trains France/Switzerland
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 22 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 23 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 24 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 25 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?