I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 Liverpool to London
- 7 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 8 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 9 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 10 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 11 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 12 DVD players in France
- 13 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 14 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 15 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 16 Train from Sarlat
- 17 Trains
- 18 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 19 Naples vs Sorrento
- 20 Cinque Terre trails
- 21 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 22 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 23 Paris Bastille Day
- 24 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 25 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015