I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.shtylm.com/pure-force-x/
- 2 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 3 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 4 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 Norwegian Air?
- 11 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 12 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 13 Highclare Castle
- 14 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 15 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 16 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 17 Salzburg itinerary review
- 18 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 19 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 20 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 21 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 24 Spain: train/rental car help
- 25 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?