I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
- 1 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 5 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 6 Family European winter holiday
- 7 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 10 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 11 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 15 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 16 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 19 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 23 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 24 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?