I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Canal du Midi
- 4 Family vacation to europe
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 9 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 10 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 13 Rental car in Menton
- 14 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 15 Italy
- 16 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 17 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 18 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Barcelona and...
- 22 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 23 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 24 February in Florence
- 25 Praiana to Positano
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?