I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 2 Mont St Michel
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 5 London hotel
- 6 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 7 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 Day trip from London to Paris
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 18 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Porto -City Break
- 24 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions