I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 3 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 4 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 5 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 6 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 7 Rome Areas to stay
- 8 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 9 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 13 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 14 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 15 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 18 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 19 St Germain
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY