I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Christophers Paris
- 2 Portugal Private Tours
- 3 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 6 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 7 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 8 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 9 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 10 Accomodation detail in VISA application
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 13 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 14 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 15 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 16 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 17 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 18 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 19 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Greek Islands: Naxos, Paros, Milos or Chania Town? May 2014
- 22 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 23 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 24 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...