I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 2 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 3 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 4 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 5 What type of visa is right for me?
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 8 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 9 RHK's Fall escape
- 10 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 11 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 12 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 13 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 14 Christmas Eve
- 15 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 16 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 17 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Glassblowing in Prague
- 20 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 23 a loss about Paris
- 24 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?