I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Unique Venice Activity
- 6 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Chip but no PIN
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 13 car rental advice in Portugal
- 14 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 17 Small group for Colosseum
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Lofoten ferry
- 20 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 21 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 22 Duoro river cruises
- 23 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 24 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 25 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich