I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville in late January
- 2 RFID Protection
- 3 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 4 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 5 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 6 Berlin restaurant recs
- 7 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 10 Norfolk base
- 11 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 12 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 13 3 days to spend in europe
- 14 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 15 Drinks in Spain
- 16 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 17 12 days europe
- 18 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 19 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 20 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 21 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 22 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?