I'm planning a birthday trip for my husband to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and Nice, Eze, etc. We have our tickets booked for August, but I've been reading quite a lot about how crazy it is during August when everyone is on holiday. Can someone let me know if that area is so busy during that time that it will be hard to enjoy it as well as hard to get around for day trips etc? We want nice weather, but don't want having to take twice as long to get anywhere because of the mass of people...Is it really that bad? Would early September be better if we can swing it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 5 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 Questions about Polish sights
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 21 Italy
- 22 Revised itinerary for italy
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Juangfrau / mt
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
Is it crazy to visit the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera in August?