In July this year (2012) I'll be travelling with my sisters in Europe for a month. My return flight has been paid for.
At this stage, our plan is:
-Fly into London and stay with my sister (free accomm) for about 6 days, do trips to Bath, Oxford, etc.
-Get to Paris (probably by rail) and spend around 5 days there, visit Versailles, usual attractions, etc.
-Travel to Loire Valley and visit about 5 chateaux for around 3 days
-Explore one other region of France for around 3 days
-Go to Brussels & stay with a friend (free accomm) for 3 days
-Go to Spain (just one city) and stay in a friend's apartment (free accomm) for 4 or so days
-Return to London, explore a little more, before flying back.
As you can see, I've got free accommodation in UK, Belgium and Spain. France is the only place where we need to pay for it.
I'm a uni student, and pretty frugal, so won't be spending up big everyday, but I do want to be able to enjoy the places we visit. I'm interested in visiting museums, art galleries, cathedrals, etc. I'm not a big party animal. I'm planning to save at least $2500, but would that be sufficient?
I've been to Europe once before on a music tour when I was in high school.
Any estimations/comments/help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 4 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 5 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 16 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Lille Braderie 2017
- 24 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland