I will be flying into CDG on a non-stop Delta flight from the US on a Wednesday in August arriving at 11am. This portion was booked as a ff ticket. I am purchasing a separate connecting flight from CDG to Nice that same day on Airfrance. Even though the two airlines are partners, I am not certain that I will be able to book my luggage all the way through to Nice.
I would prefer to book a 1pm flight to Nice on Airfrance rather than the next available flight at 3:55pm, but I am unsure about the 2 hour window being enough time to clear customs and change gates. When I put a mock itinerary into Delta's system they book the connection at 1pm. However, since my tickets are separate neither airline is responsible for rebooking me if I miss the connection for any reason.
Thoughts? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Barcelona question
- 3 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 9 My 60th birthday surprises
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 4 days in switzerland
- 12 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 13 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 14 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 15 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 18 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 19 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 20 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 21 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 22 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 23 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 24 Help with first time trip with family
- 25 Suggestions for Drive to Milan