I will be flying into CDG on a non-stop Delta flight from the US on a Wednesday in August arriving at 11am. This portion was booked as a ff ticket. I am purchasing a separate connecting flight from CDG to Nice that same day on Airfrance. Even though the two airlines are partners, I am not certain that I will be able to book my luggage all the way through to Nice.
I would prefer to book a 1pm flight to Nice on Airfrance rather than the next available flight at 3:55pm, but I am unsure about the 2 hour window being enough time to clear customs and change gates. When I put a mock itinerary into Delta's system they book the connection at 1pm. However, since my tickets are separate neither airline is responsible for rebooking me if I miss the connection for any reason.
Thoughts? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Ireland itinerary help please
- 3 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Perugia
- 10 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 11 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 12 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 13 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 14 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 15 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 16 Areas in Milan
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 21 CDG much improved
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?