Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 2 Back from a great trip !!
- 3 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 4 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 5 Train/Subway Questions
- 6 Paris Christmas Lights...Crowds?
- 7 URGENT HELP NEEDED: French Rivieria one day
- 8 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 9 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 10 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 11 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 12 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 13 2 weeks in France next May
- 14 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 15 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 16 Eid al-Adha holiday in Turkey
- 17 Barcelona Apartment
- 18 Walking the Beara Peninsula
- 19 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 20 Initial Trip Planning - Spain
- 21 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 22 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 23 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 24 12 days in Italy
- 25 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?