Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 2 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 3 help with trip from prague to berlin and more
- 4 Weekend in Paris in October
- 5 Around Geneva?
- 6 Skiing Zermatt
- 7 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 8 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 9 Scotland in 8 days
- 10 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 11 Travelling to Rome
- 12 Sunday Brunch in Paris
- 13 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 14 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 15 Rome/Florence
- 16 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 17 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 18 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 21 Still another Normandy question
- 22 Seville: Hotel Simon or Tryp Macarena?
- 23 Texting in France
- 24 Traveling in between Paris and Nantes via TVG
- 25 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?