Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 2 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 3 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 7 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 8 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 13 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 14 Appenzell in December?
- 15 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 16 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 17 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 18 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 19 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 20 Traveling in Belgium
- 21 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?