Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 3 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 4 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 5 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 6 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 7 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 12 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 13 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 14 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 15 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 16 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Stroller in Europe
- 19 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 20 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 21 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 22 Car rental leaving Rome
- 23 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?