Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 2 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 3 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 4 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 5 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 10 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 11 Monet in Normandy
- 12 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 13 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 14 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 17 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 18 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 19 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 20 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 21 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 22 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 23 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 24 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 25 What to wear