Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 One night in Rome
- 4 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 7 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 8 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 9 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 10 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 11 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 12 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 13 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 14 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 17 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Imbros Gorge
- 22 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?