Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 2 Europe in winter
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 Two Days in Prague
- 5 Alterations to night trains routes
- 6 Best Hotel Deals in London
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Lost SD card 32.0 GB in Europe on June 2013
- 13 What to see and do in London for a week?
- 14 Giverny in early October?
- 15 Norway Advice
- 16 Renfe site
- 17 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 18 Cornwall or Paris?
- 19 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 23 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 24 Trip Report, part 1
- 25 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...