Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 2 Itenerary Opinion
- 3 Shoppingin Spain
- 4 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 5 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 6 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 7 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 8 London-Paris solo trip
- 9 Where to stay around Munich
- 10 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 11 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 12 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 13 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 14 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 15 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 16 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 17 Northern Spain
- 18 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 19 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 20 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 21 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 22 French Prem Train Fares
- 23 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 24 Dublin to Dingle?
- 25 To Hampton Court Palace
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?