Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long in Venice?
- 2 Traditional food in Athens
- 3 After a Wild Thyme in Armenia: Retreat to Moscow
- 4 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 5 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 6 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 7 Getting cash in Spain
- 8 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 9 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 10 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 11 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 12 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 13 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 14 Russian Folk Dance program in Moscow
- 15 First Time Going to Europe
- 16 Greek Ferries in October - Q's
- 17 Cotswolds village base
- 18 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 19 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 20 atm cards in Spain
- 21 Germany Visa for conference
- 22 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 23 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 24 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 25 If you had a week in Switzerland...