Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 4 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 5 Comfortable Shoes for Men and for Women
- 6 Looking for place to stop on way to Rome from Amalfi
- 7 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 8 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 9 Vienna or Munich
- 10 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 11 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 12 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 13 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 14 Ireland or Scotland
- 15 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 16 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 17 Trains to and from Granada
- 18 Italy, Spain and France
- 19 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 20 Checking email
- 21 Day trips from Cologne
- 22 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 23 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 24 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 25 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?