Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a good not-too-pricey restaurant in Copenhagen.
- 2 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 3 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 4 Car rental in Croatia
- 5 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 6 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 7 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 8 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 9 Naples?
- 10 Verona & Venice summer fashion
- 11 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 12 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 13 Places to eat in Rome and Venice by train stations???
- 14 Lake Garda itinerary
- 15 Texans Take a Tour
- 16 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 17 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 18 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 19 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 20 Rome Walking Guide
- 21 Douro Valley: 9 Hours On The Train?
- 22 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 23 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 24 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?