Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 written guide for Olympia
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 Naxos hotel question
- 7 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 12 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 13 Europe Itinerary
- 14 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 15 Loire Valley itinerary
- 16 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Phone cards
- 19 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 20 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 21 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 22 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 23 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 24 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 25 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?