Thanks for all your help with our Spain trip so far! I have had to totally reroute the order of our trip as we are now meeting up with relatives from Europe for a few days.
This has forced our day at the Alhambra to be on a busy Sunday (National Day weekend.) The best availability seems to be at 8:30 am for the Nasrid Palaces, or the afternoon (which I am told to avoid since Sunday afternoons are also free for Granada residents.)
My question--will we really be able to get to the Nasrid Palace by 8:30 if the gates don't open until 8 and I have to print/pickup my pre-paid tickets? All the guides say get there an hour ahead (can't if gates don't open!) and many guides say the machines don't work with American cards. Plus we will want to rent audio guides.
Please advise. Don't want to order and screw it up.
We may also be able to go to the Palace at noon.
Thanks so much! Hax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 5 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 6 Help with first time trip with family
- 7 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 8 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 9 Verona or Athens?
- 10 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 11 Spain car rental questions
- 12 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Basque country ideas
- 15 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 19 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 23 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 24 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 25 European Cooking Secrets
Is 8:30 Nasrid Palace at Alhambra doable without preprinted tickets?