Initially my husband and I were planning a trip to Belgium/Netherlands, but after looking at Ireland again, decided a trip to Ireland was in our summer future. We are both in our late 50's. We enjoy history, sightseeing, meeting the locals and dislike very crowded places. We are planning to leave on June 13 and departing on June 23. These are approximate dates and can be changed. I have poured over the forums and have become more confused than ever! We would fly into Dublin and rent a car. It looks like the south and west and north coast are all beautiful! Would probably drive down toward the Wicklow mountains while near Dublin. I have heard that it gets very crowded to the south, around the ring of Kerry - is that so in mid June? I have seen that the west coast looks interesting around Galway, Sligo area and the Donnegal area to the north looks great. The north coast seems interesting as well. So, how do we choose where to go? This is where I am looking for advice from you all. You have helped me plan my trips to Paris, Germany, San Antonio, etc. I value all of your opinions greatly. Thanks so much.
Ireland trip help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 19 Eurostar booking
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?