Initially my husband and I were planning a trip to Belgium/Netherlands, but after looking at Ireland again, decided a trip to Ireland was in our summer future. We are both in our late 50's. We enjoy history, sightseeing, meeting the locals and dislike very crowded places. We are planning to leave on June 13 and departing on June 23. These are approximate dates and can be changed. I have poured over the forums and have become more confused than ever! We would fly into Dublin and rent a car. It looks like the south and west and north coast are all beautiful! Would probably drive down toward the Wicklow mountains while near Dublin. I have heard that it gets very crowded to the south, around the ring of Kerry - is that so in mid June? I have seen that the west coast looks interesting around Galway, Sligo area and the Donnegal area to the north looks great. The north coast seems interesting as well. So, how do we choose where to go? This is where I am looking for advice from you all. You have helped me plan my trips to Paris, Germany, San Antonio, etc. I value all of your opinions greatly. Thanks so much.
Ireland trip help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)