Initially my husband and I were planning a trip to Belgium/Netherlands, but after looking at Ireland again, decided a trip to Ireland was in our summer future. We are both in our late 50's. We enjoy history, sightseeing, meeting the locals and dislike very crowded places. We are planning to leave on June 13 and departing on June 23. These are approximate dates and can be changed. I have poured over the forums and have become more confused than ever! We would fly into Dublin and rent a car. It looks like the south and west and north coast are all beautiful! Would probably drive down toward the Wicklow mountains while near Dublin. I have heard that it gets very crowded to the south, around the ring of Kerry - is that so in mid June? I have seen that the west coast looks interesting around Galway, Sligo area and the Donnegal area to the north looks great. The north coast seems interesting as well. So, how do we choose where to go? This is where I am looking for advice from you all. You have helped me plan my trips to Paris, Germany, San Antonio, etc. I value all of your opinions greatly. Thanks so much.
Ireland trip help
- 1 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 2 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 3 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 4 Am I too fat too travel?
- 5 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 6 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 7 Train Passes
- 8 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 9 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 10 pier in Copenhagen
- 11 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 12 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 13 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 14 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 15 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 16 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 17 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 18 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 20 Climbing Snowdon
- 21 Zee Best
- 22 river cruise choice
- 23 Rome apartment
- 24 Paros or Naxos?
- 25 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!