First time for everything. I have been trying to get to Ireland now for over 44 years since I was 12 years old. Things like family deaths, finances, and ministry got in the way. I am second born American Irish from Worcester, Massachusetts. My Grandfather 'James Patrick O'Connor' was born in Killorglin, Kerry in December '1880'. I have been finding it very hard for me to find a baptismal record or a record of birth for him.
If anyone could help or provide places for me to go that would be a great help for me once we are there! We are arriving for the entire month of 'October 2012' in Dublin in which we plan to stay for 5 days. Then we plan on going down and up around the Ireland boarders and some inland sites. A month can go by quickly, and we are on such a limited budget it is ridiculous! This is my way of finding where we want to live for next year! I would like to move to Ireland to be where my heart, my Mothers heart (now deceased) has always wanted to live. My grandfather had to leave Ireland and he was so depressed his whole life until the day he passed. I never knew him, but I know I have great cousins who live there somewhere on both my grandfathers side and on my Scottish grandmothers side as well. My grandfather may have been in the army in Ireland, info on that is sketchy! He sailed out of 'Queensland, Ireland' on the 4th of july year 1907. He landed in Boston Mass on July 13th 1907, the ships name was the 'Cymeric' of the 'White Star Fleet'!
Making new local friends who would truly love to be around some great guys would be so incredibly awesome! We presently live in Boulder, Colorado USA. We are both past our mid life crisis, I 'Roland" am 56 and my partner 'Caswell' is 64, I think our last names will fit perfectly for living in Ireland! Mine is Waters and his is Forrest!
We look forward to meeting the people of Ireland.......I look forward to finally coming home!
Thank you all so very very much!
Ireland Tour For Citizenship & Friends Gay Male Older Couple
- 1 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Madrid to Sevilla
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 8 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?