First time for everything. I have been trying to get to Ireland now for over 44 years since I was 12 years old. Things like family deaths, finances, and ministry got in the way. I am second born American Irish from Worcester, Massachusetts. My Grandfather 'James Patrick O'Connor' was born in Killorglin, Kerry in December '1880'. I have been finding it very hard for me to find a baptismal record or a record of birth for him.
If anyone could help or provide places for me to go that would be a great help for me once we are there! We are arriving for the entire month of 'October 2012' in Dublin in which we plan to stay for 5 days. Then we plan on going down and up around the Ireland boarders and some inland sites. A month can go by quickly, and we are on such a limited budget it is ridiculous! This is my way of finding where we want to live for next year! I would like to move to Ireland to be where my heart, my Mothers heart (now deceased) has always wanted to live. My grandfather had to leave Ireland and he was so depressed his whole life until the day he passed. I never knew him, but I know I have great cousins who live there somewhere on both my grandfathers side and on my Scottish grandmothers side as well. My grandfather may have been in the army in Ireland, info on that is sketchy! He sailed out of 'Queensland, Ireland' on the 4th of july year 1907. He landed in Boston Mass on July 13th 1907, the ships name was the 'Cymeric' of the 'White Star Fleet'!
Making new local friends who would truly love to be around some great guys would be so incredibly awesome! We presently live in Boulder, Colorado USA. We are both past our mid life crisis, I 'Roland" am 56 and my partner 'Caswell' is 64, I think our last names will fit perfectly for living in Ireland! Mine is Waters and his is Forrest!
We look forward to meeting the people of Ireland.......I look forward to finally coming home!
Thank you all so very very much!
Ireland Tour For Citizenship & Friends Gay Male Older Couple
- 1 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 2 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 3 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 4 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 Monaco to Paris
- 7 EuropeanDestinations
- 8 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 9 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 12 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 13 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 14 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 15 just want to know
- 16 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 17 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 18 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 19 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 20 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 21 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 22 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 25 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites