First time for everything. I have been trying to get to Ireland now for over 44 years since I was 12 years old. Things like family deaths, finances, and ministry got in the way. I am second born American Irish from Worcester, Massachusetts. My Grandfather 'James Patrick O'Connor' was born in Killorglin, Kerry in December '1880'. I have been finding it very hard for me to find a baptismal record or a record of birth for him.
If anyone could help or provide places for me to go that would be a great help for me once we are there! We are arriving for the entire month of 'October 2012' in Dublin in which we plan to stay for 5 days. Then we plan on going down and up around the Ireland boarders and some inland sites. A month can go by quickly, and we are on such a limited budget it is ridiculous! This is my way of finding where we want to live for next year! I would like to move to Ireland to be where my heart, my Mothers heart (now deceased) has always wanted to live. My grandfather had to leave Ireland and he was so depressed his whole life until the day he passed. I never knew him, but I know I have great cousins who live there somewhere on both my grandfathers side and on my Scottish grandmothers side as well. My grandfather may have been in the army in Ireland, info on that is sketchy! He sailed out of 'Queensland, Ireland' on the 4th of july year 1907. He landed in Boston Mass on July 13th 1907, the ships name was the 'Cymeric' of the 'White Star Fleet'!
Making new local friends who would truly love to be around some great guys would be so incredibly awesome! We presently live in Boulder, Colorado USA. We are both past our mid life crisis, I 'Roland" am 56 and my partner 'Caswell' is 64, I think our last names will fit perfectly for living in Ireland! Mine is Waters and his is Forrest!
We look forward to meeting the people of Ireland.......I look forward to finally coming home!
Thank you all so very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 4 Aix Provence
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 7 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 8 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 12 One night in Rome
- 13 Sintra
- 14 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 15 How the kids age calculated
- 16 Murren to Prague
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 21 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 22 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 23 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 24 Scotland Trip Report
- 25 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
Ireland Tour For Citizenship & Friends Gay Male Older Couple