First time for everything. I have been trying to get to Ireland now for over 44 years since I was 12 years old. Things like family deaths, finances, and ministry got in the way. I am second born American Irish from Worcester, Massachusetts. My Grandfather 'James Patrick O'Connor' was born in Killorglin, Kerry in December '1880'. I have been finding it very hard for me to find a baptismal record or a record of birth for him.
If anyone could help or provide places for me to go that would be a great help for me once we are there! We are arriving for the entire month of 'October 2012' in Dublin in which we plan to stay for 5 days. Then we plan on going down and up around the Ireland boarders and some inland sites. A month can go by quickly, and we are on such a limited budget it is ridiculous! This is my way of finding where we want to live for next year! I would like to move to Ireland to be where my heart, my Mothers heart (now deceased) has always wanted to live. My grandfather had to leave Ireland and he was so depressed his whole life until the day he passed. I never knew him, but I know I have great cousins who live there somewhere on both my grandfathers side and on my Scottish grandmothers side as well. My grandfather may have been in the army in Ireland, info on that is sketchy! He sailed out of 'Queensland, Ireland' on the 4th of july year 1907. He landed in Boston Mass on July 13th 1907, the ships name was the 'Cymeric' of the 'White Star Fleet'!
Making new local friends who would truly love to be around some great guys would be so incredibly awesome! We presently live in Boulder, Colorado USA. We are both past our mid life crisis, I 'Roland" am 56 and my partner 'Caswell' is 64, I think our last names will fit perfectly for living in Ireland! Mine is Waters and his is Forrest!
We look forward to meeting the people of Ireland.......I look forward to finally coming home!
Thank you all so very very much!
Ireland Tour For Citizenship & Friends Gay Male Older Couple
- 1 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 6 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 7 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 8 Palermo and Taormina
- 9 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 10 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 11 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 12 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 13 Where to stay for one night ???
- 14 Car Rental Locations
- 15 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 16 Tour-Free Travel
- 17 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 18 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 19 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 20 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 21 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 22 London Spy Sites
- 23 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days