My boyfriend and I are making our first Ireland trip (my first European trip completely; he's been to Italy) and would like some recommendations of things to do at each stop of our trip.
We booked our Ireland flights, to and from Dublin. I would have preferred flying into Dublin and out of shannon but it was too expensive to make it worth it in my eyes.
Here is our itentiary:
Day 1: spend the day exploring Dublin and recovering from jet lag. Guniess storehouse tour. Hotel is Greshman Hotel
Day 2: drive from Dublin to Cong. Stay at Ashford Castle. Do the grounds your and falconry. I would like to try to stop in Westport and see the town. I have heard it is cute. Maybe try to get dinner at Matt M'olloys pub
Day 3: drive from Cong to Galway. Possibly horseback ride in Connemara national park. Hotel is the Jury's Inn
Day 4: drive from Galway to the county Clare area. Plan to stay in a little town called Ennis. Hotel is Woodstock hotel
Day 5: drive from Ennis to Killarney. Want to explore and see Killarney national park, muckross abbey, Ross castle. Hotel is dromohall.
Day 6: drive from Killarney to the cork area. Looking at staying in either Blarney or cobh. When we do the drive from Killarney to cork we plan on driving the ring of Kerry. Debating on the seeing the mizzen head cliffs in cork. No idea on the hotel yet.
Day 7: drive from Killarney to Kilkenny. Would like to see the rock of cashel on the drive to Kilkenny. No idea on hotel yet.
Day 8: drive from Kilkenny to Dublin. Flight leaves next day @ 11 am. On the drive to Dublin we are going to stop in glendalough and possibly Wicklow.
Before I get told I'll be in the car the whole trip, I know I will be spending time driving in the car but it won't be the whole trip. I want to be able to say that I actually saw Ireland and didn't just stay in Dublin the whole time.
I am looking for recommendations on sights to see in the cities I plan on staying in. If there is something in my plans you highly are against please tell me! The only thing that is booked is the airline tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 Iceland in 7 days.
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please