An oft asked question. Sorry if there's a post that is relevant and I didn't see. I did checkout a few posts but still had questions.
My husband and I are planning a 10-12 day vacation to Ireland in August this year. Flying in from Toronto, Canada. We are sure we want to do a self driving vacation - get to see the countryside and coastal towns and experience the famous Irish hospitality.
We're okay with history and stuff but more interested in nature, scenic beauty, landscapes and a lot of Photography. I am very much into that. We'd like to stay in B&Bs and small towns while avoiding cities preferably.
Please see this link on what we've thought of so far regarding the itinerary.
- Is August a good time to travel or should we postpone to September? We were thinking around 10-11 August 2014. We'll be prepared for rain - from what I have read, there's always a chance of rain, hopefully it will be good. I know it's going to be busy at the time, but we can't do July or before. Would have to be August or Sep, preferably August.
- As per the proposed itinerary - we're planning on hitting Dublin, Cork, Kinsale, Kenmare, Killarney, Dingle, Doolin, Galway and Connemara. While doing this we'll also hit Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry (clockwise) - see the map above on the link. Is this a good itinerary? Or is this too much?
- Where do you propose we stay? I'd rather stay for 2 nights and explore the area around than be driving every day. I want to give myself time for the drives as well since we might be stopping along the way for any scenic places etc.
- We'll be flying in to Dublin and flying out of there as well. Ideally we wanted to spend last two days in Dublin but see how that goes. How much are we looking to spend on Car rental for 10-12 days. $750 or 500 Euro sound a good budget for that or would we require to up that?
- For B&Bs if we;'re spending on accommodation for 10 days, what budget should we consider? Is there a common B&B site which has listings for all b&bs or should we book individually?
I guess that's all I can think of for now - will edit later if I have more questions.
Thanks so much for your replies in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 4 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 7 Planning a European Trip
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 10 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 11 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Italy for Christmas Week
- 15 train or plane
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 18 Norway Itinerary
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 23 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition