Hi All! I have a whole host of questions but will start with the basics...my mother and I are planning a trip to the UK in April 2013. Need to know how to get there, what cities to visit and should we consider a cruise vs. land tour? We are going on our own, no group or set excursions, etc. We are flying from Louisville, KY to where? Have 10-12 days to travel. If not a cruise, how to get from city to city? Hotels in each city? Basically, I know nothing and am asking for help.....been looking at cruise deals and those look pretty promising re: in/out of each place to visit and might be the easiest route....April is flexible if you suggest other times of travel to these places....My mother really at least wants Scotland and Ireland...any other suggestions....we have travelled to Paris France, London England, and Venice, Florence (Pisa) and Rome Italy. Big walkers and love happy accidents....just walk and come upon a memory...no schedules persay needed.....Our last trip to Italy I planned on my own via internet and wonderful suggestions from Fodor's and it was a HUGE success in booking/finding hotels, airline, sightseeing tips, everything...so, please, please...help me again!
Ireland, Scotland and Where else close....April 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 2 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 3 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 4 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 6 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 7 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 8 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 9 London visit
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 12 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 13 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 14 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 15 Duoro river cruises
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Munich and Dachau
- 18 Nine Van Gogh paintings in Arles until august 31, 2014 !
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Small group for Colosseum
- 21 Useful website for France
- 22 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 23 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 24 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 25 Venice canal boats--best deals?