Hi All! I have a whole host of questions but will start with the basics...my mother and I are planning a trip to the UK in April 2013. Need to know how to get there, what cities to visit and should we consider a cruise vs. land tour? We are going on our own, no group or set excursions, etc. We are flying from Louisville, KY to where? Have 10-12 days to travel. If not a cruise, how to get from city to city? Hotels in each city? Basically, I know nothing and am asking for help.....been looking at cruise deals and those look pretty promising re: in/out of each place to visit and might be the easiest route....April is flexible if you suggest other times of travel to these places....My mother really at least wants Scotland and Ireland...any other suggestions....we have travelled to Paris France, London England, and Venice, Florence (Pisa) and Rome Italy. Big walkers and love happy accidents....just walk and come upon a memory...no schedules persay needed.....Our last trip to Italy I planned on my own via internet and wonderful suggestions from Fodor's and it was a HUGE success in booking/finding hotels, airline, sightseeing tips, everything...so, please, please...help me again!
Ireland, Scotland and Where else close....April 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Northern Spain
- 3 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 4 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 5 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 6 week in calabria
- 7 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 8 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 9 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 10 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 11 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 12 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 13 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 14 Akrotiri Tours
- 15 Walking in Oslo
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 21 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 22 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 23 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 24 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 25 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???