Last time I travelled to Europe I received the best suggestions from Fodors users and it helped make our trip EPIC. I turn to you again for another family trip planned for June.
We have planned trip to Northern Ireland, Ireland and then onto Sardinia Italy. We are travelling with our two small boys, 3 years old and 5 months old. We will land in Dublin Saturday May 30 and are picking up a rental car at the airport. We will drive to Northern Ireland where we have rented a cottage just outside of Ballycastle. We will have that as our home base for two weeks taking us to June 13. My husband was born in Belfast and we have family to visit in the area. We were there a few years ago and toured the Antrim Coast. Any ideas or suggestions for that area, can't miss places or restaurants, food markets etc would be greatly appreciated.
We then plan to drive south and here's where I really need help. I have no idea what's a MUST to see and do. We will have from June 13-22 to tour around. We wish to spend a few days in Dublin as we fly out of there at 9am on June 22. I have not pre booked anything as we plan to stay at B&B's and just sort of wing it but I need some direction.
From there we will fly to Sardinia Italy for 8 days, we will fly back to Canada on July 1. We have booked a B&B- La Dolce Vita, received rave reviews on TripAdvisor. It's located 5 km from the Poetto beach and 8.5 km from Quartu Sant'Elena, nearest city centre would be Cagliari. We have not rented a car but I am wondering if we should for a few days maybe to tour the island. It's quite large and any thoughts on where to go and what to take in would be helpful.
We love just walking around people watching and sight seeing, shopping, eating, drinking.
We want a relaxing trip and not to feel too rushed through anything, especially with kids so if that means seeing less and taking more time in the places that we do take in, that's what we are up for.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Positano or Sorrento?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Globus Iberian Tour
- 13 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 14 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 London Theater
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 24 Munich itinerary review
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip