Last time I travelled to Europe I received the best suggestions from Fodors users and it helped make our trip EPIC. I turn to you again for another family trip planned for June.
We have planned trip to Northern Ireland, Ireland and then onto Sardinia Italy. We are travelling with our two small boys, 3 years old and 5 months old. We will land in Dublin Saturday May 30 and are picking up a rental car at the airport. We will drive to Northern Ireland where we have rented a cottage just outside of Ballycastle. We will have that as our home base for two weeks taking us to June 13. My husband was born in Belfast and we have family to visit in the area. We were there a few years ago and toured the Antrim Coast. Any ideas or suggestions for that area, can't miss places or restaurants, food markets etc would be greatly appreciated.
We then plan to drive south and here's where I really need help. I have no idea what's a MUST to see and do. We will have from June 13-22 to tour around. We wish to spend a few days in Dublin as we fly out of there at 9am on June 22. I have not pre booked anything as we plan to stay at B&B's and just sort of wing it but I need some direction.
From there we will fly to Sardinia Italy for 8 days, we will fly back to Canada on July 1. We have booked a B&B- La Dolce Vita, received rave reviews on TripAdvisor. It's located 5 km from the Poetto beach and 8.5 km from Quartu Sant'Elena, nearest city centre would be Cagliari. We have not rented a car but I am wondering if we should for a few days maybe to tour the island. It's quite large and any thoughts on where to go and what to take in would be helpful.
We love just walking around people watching and sight seeing, shopping, eating, drinking.
We want a relaxing trip and not to feel too rushed through anything, especially with kids so if that means seeing less and taking more time in the places that we do take in, that's what we are up for.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accountant in Slovenia
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 11 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Italy June 6-16
- 14 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 car rental
- 22 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 23 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 24 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Munich and....???