Last time I travelled to Europe I received the best suggestions from Fodors users and it helped make our trip EPIC. I turn to you again for another family trip planned for June.
We have planned trip to Northern Ireland, Ireland and then onto Sardinia Italy. We are travelling with our two small boys, 3 years old and 5 months old. We will land in Dublin Saturday May 30 and are picking up a rental car at the airport. We will drive to Northern Ireland where we have rented a cottage just outside of Ballycastle. We will have that as our home base for two weeks taking us to June 13. My husband was born in Belfast and we have family to visit in the area. We were there a few years ago and toured the Antrim Coast. Any ideas or suggestions for that area, can't miss places or restaurants, food markets etc would be greatly appreciated.
We then plan to drive south and here's where I really need help. I have no idea what's a MUST to see and do. We will have from June 13-22 to tour around. We wish to spend a few days in Dublin as we fly out of there at 9am on June 22. I have not pre booked anything as we plan to stay at B&B's and just sort of wing it but I need some direction.
From there we will fly to Sardinia Italy for 8 days, we will fly back to Canada on July 1. We have booked a B&B- La Dolce Vita, received rave reviews on TripAdvisor. It's located 5 km from the Poetto beach and 8.5 km from Quartu Sant'Elena, nearest city centre would be Cagliari. We have not rented a car but I am wondering if we should for a few days maybe to tour the island. It's quite large and any thoughts on where to go and what to take in would be helpful.
We love just walking around people watching and sight seeing, shopping, eating, drinking.
We want a relaxing trip and not to feel too rushed through anything, especially with kids so if that means seeing less and taking more time in the places that we do take in, that's what we are up for.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 2 Clean up spam
- 3 Car rental help in Sicily
- 4 Small towns not too near Paris
- 5 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 Ljubljana to Zagreb and Split to Dubrovnik Buses
- 8 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 9 Help: Nafplion to Hydra which ferry port
- 10 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 11 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 12 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 13 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 16 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 17 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 18 Valencia, Spain
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 21 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 24 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 25 Positano Surprise