Last time I travelled to Europe I received the best suggestions from Fodors users and it helped make our trip EPIC. I turn to you again for another family trip planned for June.
We have planned trip to Northern Ireland, Ireland and then onto Sardinia Italy. We are travelling with our two small boys, 3 years old and 5 months old. We will land in Dublin Saturday May 30 and are picking up a rental car at the airport. We will drive to Northern Ireland where we have rented a cottage just outside of Ballycastle. We will have that as our home base for two weeks taking us to June 13. My husband was born in Belfast and we have family to visit in the area. We were there a few years ago and toured the Antrim Coast. Any ideas or suggestions for that area, can't miss places or restaurants, food markets etc would be greatly appreciated.
We then plan to drive south and here's where I really need help. I have no idea what's a MUST to see and do. We will have from June 13-22 to tour around. We wish to spend a few days in Dublin as we fly out of there at 9am on June 22. I have not pre booked anything as we plan to stay at B&B's and just sort of wing it but I need some direction.
From there we will fly to Sardinia Italy for 8 days, we will fly back to Canada on July 1. We have booked a B&B- La Dolce Vita, received rave reviews on TripAdvisor. It's located 5 km from the Poetto beach and 8.5 km from Quartu Sant'Elena, nearest city centre would be Cagliari. We have not rented a car but I am wondering if we should for a few days maybe to tour the island. It's quite large and any thoughts on where to go and what to take in would be helpful.
We love just walking around people watching and sight seeing, shopping, eating, drinking.
We want a relaxing trip and not to feel too rushed through anything, especially with kids so if that means seeing less and taking more time in the places that we do take in, that's what we are up for.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 0nline : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 5 Villa in Italy
- 6 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 7 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 8 Paris advice with kids
- 9 International drivers permit
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 12 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 13 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 14 Paris travel help
- 15 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 19 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 20 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 One night in the Dolomites
- 23 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 24 Airport Transit Visa
- 25 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris