I am just starting to research our three week trip to Ireland in May and have a lot of flexibility as where we will go and what we will do
One plan would be a three week road trip around the island or most of it.
The other thing that I am thinking about is to rent a property somewhere in that three week window for about a week and use that as a base to explore and also do some walking/hiking
Usually when we travel I like to rent a property for a stay to use as a base for a region and have done this many times
As well my nephew is studying in Dublin and my brother might visit so it might be fun to have a house!!
We love nature and spectacular scenery
Where would be an interesting and well located area to base ourselves for day trips for a week?
We are serious drivers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 2 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 3 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 4 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 5 Train tickets in Italy?
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 8 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 9 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 12 credit and debit cards
- 13 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 17 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 18 Getting around Lisbon
- 19 Athens International airport
- 20 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 21 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 22 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 23 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 24 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 25 Cinqueterre