I am just starting to research our three week trip to Ireland in May and have a lot of flexibility as where we will go and what we will do
One plan would be a three week road trip around the island or most of it.
The other thing that I am thinking about is to rent a property somewhere in that three week window for about a week and use that as a base to explore and also do some walking/hiking
Usually when we travel I like to rent a property for a stay to use as a base for a region and have done this many times
As well my nephew is studying in Dublin and my brother might visit so it might be fun to have a house!!
We love nature and spectacular scenery
Where would be an interesting and well located area to base ourselves for day trips for a week?
We are serious drivers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 tickets for Wimbledon
- 9 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 10 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 11 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 14 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 15 Italy in January?
- 16 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Piedmont question
- 22 Insurance on rental car options
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary