I am just starting to research our three week trip to Ireland in May and have a lot of flexibility as where we will go and what we will do
One plan would be a three week road trip around the island or most of it.
The other thing that I am thinking about is to rent a property somewhere in that three week window for about a week and use that as a base to explore and also do some walking/hiking
Usually when we travel I like to rent a property for a stay to use as a base for a region and have done this many times
As well my nephew is studying in Dublin and my brother might visit so it might be fun to have a house!!
We love nature and spectacular scenery
Where would be an interesting and well located area to base ourselves for day trips for a week?
We are serious drivers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 outlook Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 outlook Tec*h care
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Norway Honeymoon
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 Schengen Rule
- 10 Quizz !
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 15 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 16 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 21 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 22 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 23 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 24 Our future trip to Greece
- 25 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?