We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 2 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 3 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 4 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 5 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 8 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 9 2 weeks from southern italy
- 10 Another Question re Scotland
- 11 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 12 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 13 travel around Spain
- 14 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Where to stay in Umbria
- 19 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 20 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 21 First Trip to Ireland
- 22 Dalmation coast in October?
- 23 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 24 Confused on which train pass
- 25 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena