We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 7 An evening in London
- 8 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 9 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 12 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 13 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 Europe First Timers
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Safety in Rome
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?