We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville to Cordoba
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 ATM
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)