We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 4 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 8 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Super Cover For Hertz
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 12 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 13 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 14 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Baby Milk
- 17 French restaurants
- 18 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy