We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 10 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 11 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 12 Whistle stop family road trip
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 Porto in January
- 19 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 20 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 21 Rome Water Shortage
- 22 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 23 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?