Wanted to get some feedback about our upcoming trip to Ireland in November. We are a family of 4 traveling from the US (2 adults, 2 teenage children). We are flying into and out of Dublin (tickets can not be modified). Our main goal for the trip is to experience the beauty and charm of Ireland, while acknowledging that we are only there for a few days and thus cannot see everything. We are aware that this time of year brings shorter days and cold/rainy weather, thus limiting some of our options.
Here is our planned itinerary. Can you please provide feedback if this is reasonable in terms of driving? Are we trying to do too much?
Day 1: arrive Dublin airport, take coach or train to Cork, pick up rental car, spend night in Cork
Day 2: drive to Dingle, explore area, spend night in Dingle
Day 3: drive from Dingle to Ashford Castle, spend night in Ashford Castle
Day 4: Ashford Castle, explore area, spend night in Ashford Castle
Day 5: drive to Dublin, drop off rental car, spend night in Dublin
Day 5: explore Dublin, spend night in Dublin
Day 6: depart Dublin airport
We would like to see the Cliffs of Moher, but I am concerned that we will not have sufficient time. The only option I see is on Day 3. However, when I look at the map and calculate driving times, it seems a bit daunting. Would it be possible to drive from Dingle to the Cliffs of Moher to Ashford Castle in one day, given that there will only be about 8 hours of daylight?
On the afternoon of Day 1 or the morning of Day 2, we would like to go to either Kinsale or Blarney Castle. Would you recommend Kinsale over Blarney Castle? I have read conflicting opinions about Blarney Castle.
If you have other thoughts or suggestions about our itinerary, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 NK OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 OUTLOOK @T
- 3 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 9 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 10 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 3 months in Bristol
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 16 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 23 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 24 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 25 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt