Long story - short: Husband and I touring Europe for 2 months in 2016 before settling down to start a family. We've been diligently planning/researching for months narrowing it down to the top towns we wanted to see in our rental car...it has been a bit of a challenge to cram everything we want to see in 2-months but here-goes. Ireland is the first country we are visiting so the itinerary is a little more ambitious...all advice is welcome.
July 23 - Arrive early - check into hotel - Temple Bar in evening
July 24 - Dublin:
Guinness tour, St. Theresa's, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's, Brazen Head show
July 25 - Drive to Rock of Cashel, then Cahir Castle, then Killarney, check into hostel
July 26 - Ross Castle, Drive to Dingle, back to Killarney hostel
July 27 - Drive to St. John's Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Dine in Doolin, Galway hostel
July 28 - Drive to Dunlewy - check into hostel - Dunlewy church
July 29 - Donegal Watefall hike
July 30 - Drive to Enniskillen - check out Maguire's bridge
July 31 - Drive to Trim Castle - Drive to Newgrange - Drive to Dublin - hostel
August 1 - Flight to Scotland
We recently added Dunlewy as opposed to spending an extra day in Galway, because the images were so spectacular but I'm thinking that drive is going to be punishment given the fact we will have driven so far already by that point. We are going to Enniskillen because that is where my ancestry is- so I'd like not to take that part out. We do plan on getting a heritage pass. Do not plan on having rental car while in Dublin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Rome -- The next time around
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Campania in June, July, September
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 16 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 17 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 18 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 23 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 24 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?