Long story - short: Husband and I touring Europe for 2 months in 2016 before settling down to start a family. We've been diligently planning/researching for months narrowing it down to the top towns we wanted to see in our rental car...it has been a bit of a challenge to cram everything we want to see in 2-months but here-goes. Ireland is the first country we are visiting so the itinerary is a little more ambitious...all advice is welcome.
July 23 - Arrive early - check into hotel - Temple Bar in evening
July 24 - Dublin:
Guinness tour, St. Theresa's, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's, Brazen Head show
July 25 - Drive to Rock of Cashel, then Cahir Castle, then Killarney, check into hostel
July 26 - Ross Castle, Drive to Dingle, back to Killarney hostel
July 27 - Drive to St. John's Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Dine in Doolin, Galway hostel
July 28 - Drive to Dunlewy - check into hostel - Dunlewy church
July 29 - Donegal Watefall hike
July 30 - Drive to Enniskillen - check out Maguire's bridge
July 31 - Drive to Trim Castle - Drive to Newgrange - Drive to Dublin - hostel
August 1 - Flight to Scotland
We recently added Dunlewy as opposed to spending an extra day in Galway, because the images were so spectacular but I'm thinking that drive is going to be punishment given the fact we will have driven so far already by that point. We are going to Enniskillen because that is where my ancestry is- so I'd like not to take that part out. We do plan on getting a heritage pass. Do not plan on having rental car while in Dublin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COnsumer : SET-up HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 HP 24*7
- 2 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 9 Iceland trip report!
- 10 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 18 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 19 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 20 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Moscow Favorites
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 TIM in FCO - update