My husband and I are planning a 11-12 day trip (including travel) to Ireland from east coast Canada. We had discussed going at the end of August, but noticed that flights are significantly cheaper for end of Sept.-beginning of October. Would love any feedback as to best time to visit.
We were hoping to spend 2 nights in Dublin, and then rent a car to do some exploring. We have a strong Irish culture in our home province and are most interested in history/cultural experiences rather than scenery. Our budget would probably be in the "moderate" range. Here is a very loose itinerary that I have looked at. I would love any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance!
2 nights Dublin (1st day our flight will arrive in morning)
2 nights wexford area (Family ancestry linked to area, acquaintance in Tramore we may visit)
2 night Cork
1 night Dingle
1 night Limerick? Bunratty?
2 nights Galway
1 night Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 2 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 3 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 7 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 8 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 9 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 15 WWI Battlefields
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 20 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 23 Reaching the Lake District
- 24 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 25 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?