My husband and I are planning a 11-12 day trip (including travel) to Ireland from east coast Canada. We had discussed going at the end of August, but noticed that flights are significantly cheaper for end of Sept.-beginning of October. Would love any feedback as to best time to visit.
We were hoping to spend 2 nights in Dublin, and then rent a car to do some exploring. We have a strong Irish culture in our home province and are most interested in history/cultural experiences rather than scenery. Our budget would probably be in the "moderate" range. Here is a very loose itinerary that I have looked at. I would love any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance!
2 nights Dublin (1st day our flight will arrive in morning)
2 nights wexford area (Family ancestry linked to area, acquaintance in Tramore we may visit)
2 night Cork
1 night Dingle
1 night Limerick? Bunratty?
2 nights Galway
1 night Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 13 Madrid food advice needed
- 14 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 22 Need hotel in Athens
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?