My husband and I are planning a 11-12 day trip (including travel) to Ireland from east coast Canada. We had discussed going at the end of August, but noticed that flights are significantly cheaper for end of Sept.-beginning of October. Would love any feedback as to best time to visit.
We were hoping to spend 2 nights in Dublin, and then rent a car to do some exploring. We have a strong Irish culture in our home province and are most interested in history/cultural experiences rather than scenery. Our budget would probably be in the "moderate" range. Here is a very loose itinerary that I have looked at. I would love any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance!
2 nights Dublin (1st day our flight will arrive in morning)
2 nights wexford area (Family ancestry linked to area, acquaintance in Tramore we may visit)
2 night Cork
1 night Dingle
1 night Limerick? Bunratty?
2 nights Galway
1 night Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Which Train Station in Venice
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 Uber vs. TfL
- 11 What fresh hell is this?
- 12 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more