My husband and I are planning a 11-12 day trip (including travel) to Ireland from east coast Canada. We had discussed going at the end of August, but noticed that flights are significantly cheaper for end of Sept.-beginning of October. Would love any feedback as to best time to visit.
We were hoping to spend 2 nights in Dublin, and then rent a car to do some exploring. We have a strong Irish culture in our home province and are most interested in history/cultural experiences rather than scenery. Our budget would probably be in the "moderate" range. Here is a very loose itinerary that I have looked at. I would love any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance!
2 nights Dublin (1st day our flight will arrive in morning)
2 nights wexford area (Family ancestry linked to area, acquaintance in Tramore we may visit)
2 night Cork
1 night Dingle
1 night Limerick? Bunratty?
2 nights Galway
1 night Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Aix Provence
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??