Hi all --
Still tweaking my itinerary for a July trip to Ireland: 3 weeks with a rental car. Any suggestions? I prefer landscapes and historic buildings (like ruined abbeys).
Upon arrival at Dublin airport, pick up car, and stay at a nearby B&B in Swords.
Next morning: Stop at Glendalough
1 night Kilkenny -- visit Castle, Cathedral
Next day: drive on to Rock of Cashel, Cahir castle -- then to
2 nights Kinsale
1 night Kenmare (visit Muckross House on the way there)
drive the Ring of Kerry clockwise (early) to avoid busses.
3 nights Dingle
2 nights Galway -- take a shuttle and ferry to Aran Islands
2 nights Connemara at Ballynahinch Castle hotel (on the way visit Ashford Castle and Abbey)
2 nights county Sligo (trying to decide between two manor homes there)
2 nights Donegal county at Bruckless House
2 nights Bushmills (Causeway Lodge)
3 nights Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
Hi all --