Hi all --
Still tweaking my itinerary for a July trip to Ireland: 3 weeks with a rental car. Any suggestions? I prefer landscapes and historic buildings (like ruined abbeys).
Upon arrival at Dublin airport, pick up car, and stay at a nearby B&B in Swords.
Next morning: Stop at Glendalough
1 night Kilkenny -- visit Castle, Cathedral
Next day: drive on to Rock of Cashel, Cahir castle -- then to
2 nights Kinsale
1 night Kenmare (visit Muckross House on the way there)
drive the Ring of Kerry clockwise (early) to avoid busses.
3 nights Dingle
2 nights Galway -- take a shuttle and ferry to Aran Islands
2 nights Connemara at Ballynahinch Castle hotel (on the way visit Ashford Castle and Abbey)
2 nights county Sligo (trying to decide between two manor homes there)
2 nights Donegal county at Bruckless House
2 nights Bushmills (Causeway Lodge)
3 nights Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 8 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 24 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
Hi all --