Hi all --
Still tweaking my itinerary for a July trip to Ireland: 3 weeks with a rental car. Any suggestions? I prefer landscapes and historic buildings (like ruined abbeys).
Upon arrival at Dublin airport, pick up car, and stay at a nearby B&B in Swords.
Next morning: Stop at Glendalough
1 night Kilkenny -- visit Castle, Cathedral
Next day: drive on to Rock of Cashel, Cahir castle -- then to
2 nights Kinsale
1 night Kenmare (visit Muckross House on the way there)
drive the Ring of Kerry clockwise (early) to avoid busses.
3 nights Dingle
2 nights Galway -- take a shuttle and ferry to Aran Islands
2 nights Connemara at Ballynahinch Castle hotel (on the way visit Ashford Castle and Abbey)
2 nights county Sligo (trying to decide between two manor homes there)
2 nights Donegal county at Bruckless House
2 nights Bushmills (Causeway Lodge)
3 nights Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 Rome -- The next time around
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 6 Alitala
- 7 PARIS
- 8 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 "Too Much Cows"
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 21 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 22 An evening in London
- 23 NYT article
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag
Hi all --