My husband and I are taking his 70 year old parents on their first ever overseas trip. We are flying into London at the beginning of July and spending three days there, then taking the train and ferry to Dublin using SailRail tickets. We then plan to spend 11 days in Ireland, primarily the southern half. We would like to see Dublin, Waterford, Cork, all of the "must see" areas in the far southern areas, and then head up the western side to Connemara. I am going to use points for two nights in Dublin on the tail end of the trip, so we are there for our flight out. But we are struggling with where to spend the other nights. We don't want to move more than every 3 days, so that limits us to three B&B/castle locations. My long-winded question for the forum is, in which towns/areas should we stay, knowing we can use them as a base from which to see other sites? We will have a rental car.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 2 Need help in travel planning
- 3 Non Prescription Male Enhancement Pills
- 4 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 5 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 6 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 London: Battle of the badges
- 9 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 10 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 11 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 12 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 13 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 14 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 17 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 18 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 19 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 20 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 21 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 22 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 23 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 24 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 25 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic