My husband and I are taking his 70 year old parents on their first ever overseas trip. We are flying into London at the beginning of July and spending three days there, then taking the train and ferry to Dublin using SailRail tickets. We then plan to spend 11 days in Ireland, primarily the southern half. We would like to see Dublin, Waterford, Cork, all of the "must see" areas in the far southern areas, and then head up the western side to Connemara. I am going to use points for two nights in Dublin on the tail end of the trip, so we are there for our flight out. But we are struggling with where to spend the other nights. We don't want to move more than every 3 days, so that limits us to three B&B/castle locations. My long-winded question for the forum is, in which towns/areas should we stay, knowing we can use them as a base from which to see other sites? We will have a rental car.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Itinerary
- 2 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 3 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 8 Dolomites October 14-18
- 9 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 10 Charles Degaulle question
- 11 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 12 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 13 Pompeii luggage storage
- 14 Departure Tax in UK
- 15 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 16 FCO connection time
- 17 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 18 Train Help
- 19 First time in Italy
- 20 Train rides
- 21 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 22 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 One week in & near Marseille
- 25 Need Ireland Itinerary Help