My husband and I are taking his 70 year old parents on their first ever overseas trip. We are flying into London at the beginning of July and spending three days there, then taking the train and ferry to Dublin using SailRail tickets. We then plan to spend 11 days in Ireland, primarily the southern half. We would like to see Dublin, Waterford, Cork, all of the "must see" areas in the far southern areas, and then head up the western side to Connemara. I am going to use points for two nights in Dublin on the tail end of the trip, so we are there for our flight out. But we are struggling with where to spend the other nights. We don't want to move more than every 3 days, so that limits us to three B&B/castle locations. My long-winded question for the forum is, in which towns/areas should we stay, knowing we can use them as a base from which to see other sites? We will have a rental car.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 Bordeaux to Nice
- 6 Travel in Europe
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 14 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 November in Rome
- 22 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Trains in Italy