My husband and I are taking his 70 year old parents on their first ever overseas trip. We are flying into London at the beginning of July and spending three days there, then taking the train and ferry to Dublin using SailRail tickets. We then plan to spend 11 days in Ireland, primarily the southern half. We would like to see Dublin, Waterford, Cork, all of the "must see" areas in the far southern areas, and then head up the western side to Connemara. I am going to use points for two nights in Dublin on the tail end of the trip, so we are there for our flight out. But we are struggling with where to spend the other nights. We don't want to move more than every 3 days, so that limits us to three B&B/castle locations. My long-winded question for the forum is, in which towns/areas should we stay, knowing we can use them as a base from which to see other sites? We will have a rental car.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Palermo Apartment
- 2 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 6 SURPRISE TRIP
- 7 Language to use in Belgium
- 8 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 Barcelona - places to stay
- 14 Fado in Lisbon
- 15 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 18 Moldova and Transnistria
- 19 Camogli and surrounds
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 Whistle stop family road trip
- 23 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 24 travel fan 220v?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip