My Fiancé and I have our flights booked for an 11 night Honeymoon trip to Ireland over Christmas/New Years this year. Below is the start of our itinerary. We're looking for any advice on Hotels to stay in while in Galway & Killkenny. We'd like places that are walking distance to local pubs/restaurants. We realize that the days will be short over this time and that everything pretty much closes for Christmas so sightseeing will be limited but if anyone has ideas of what we can fit in or if this looks like too much, that would be greatly appreciated! We want to be back in Dublin for New Years Eve. I'm assuming if we are near the city Centre, there should be plenty of Pubs to celebrate at?
Arrive in Dublin 12/22. Castel Hotel for 2 nights (12/22 – 12-24), The Clarence for Christmas for 3 nights (12/24 – 12/27)
12/27 – Train/Bus to Galway Stay in Galway 2 nights (12/27 – 12/29)
12/29 – Train/Bus from Galway to Kilkenny Stay in Kilkenny 2 nights (12/29 – 12/31)
12/31 – Train/Bus from Killkenny to Dublin Stay 2 nights in Dublin (12/31 – 01/02)
01/02 Fly back home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Umbria / Le Marche
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland