My Fiancé and I have our flights booked for an 11 night Honeymoon trip to Ireland over Christmas/New Years this year. Below is the start of our itinerary. We're looking for any advice on Hotels to stay in while in Galway & Killkenny. We'd like places that are walking distance to local pubs/restaurants. We realize that the days will be short over this time and that everything pretty much closes for Christmas so sightseeing will be limited but if anyone has ideas of what we can fit in or if this looks like too much, that would be greatly appreciated! We want to be back in Dublin for New Years Eve. I'm assuming if we are near the city Centre, there should be plenty of Pubs to celebrate at?
Arrive in Dublin 12/22. Castel Hotel for 2 nights (12/22 – 12-24), The Clarence for Christmas for 3 nights (12/24 – 12/27)
12/27 – Train/Bus to Galway Stay in Galway 2 nights (12/27 – 12/29)
12/29 – Train/Bus from Galway to Kilkenny Stay in Kilkenny 2 nights (12/29 – 12/31)
12/31 – Train/Bus from Killkenny to Dublin Stay 2 nights in Dublin (12/31 – 01/02)
01/02 Fly back home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Airline to Rome
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin Luggage storage
- 6 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 7 Croatia short sail trip
- 8 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 17 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Which Hotel in Rome
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Georgia in 4 days
- 24 Where should I go with my family?
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez