Our final itinerary:
Friday 27 June 2014: Arrive in Dublin at 14:30, pick up our rented car and leave for Newtonmountkennedy where we will stay over and recover from our flight from South Africa.
Saturday 28 June - Thursday 3 July : Leave for Bandon in County Cork . Follow road via Glendalough (short visit), and then on to Bandon. We have been to Cashel in 2011, but any suggestions along the way. Maybe Cahir castle.
We would like to see as much as possible in West Cork. We love the villages, music, culture, distillery or 2, tap dancing show, scenic drives and castles. We have done Dingle and Ring of Kerry in 2011.
Friday 4 July: Stay over in Adare on our way to Galway. A visit to Banrutty, one or two villages during the day. Late ffternoon and evening exploring Adare.
Saturday 5 July - Saturday 12 July: Oughterard. (Connemara) We have tried many options, but decided on a self-Catering. We like to stay in self-catering, do our trips during the day and then to go to the Supermarket and "live with the people!". I have looked into the possibilty to stay 2 - 3 nights in a place and then move on, but it worked out more expensive for us and was not self-catering. We will definately visit Aran Islands, Galway, Sky Road and a list of recommendations which we will try to see.
Saturday 12 July - Monday 14 July: Dublin. Sunday we want to visit the Guiness Storehouse. We will be staying in Swords and any extra time we may have, we would like to visit surrounding sightseeing sites. We have been to most attractions in Dublin city during our previous visit, but could not fit in the Guiness Storehouse.
Thank you for reading and feel welcome to comment!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 PRINTER b*g
- 2 Techer : SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 PRINTER b*g
- 3 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 5 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 6 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 11 Iceland trip report!
- 12 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Bernese Oberland
- 15 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 18 Couscous
- 19 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 20 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 21 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 22 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 23 Denmark or Sweden?
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Moscow Favorites
Our final itinerary: