Our final itinerary:
Friday 27 June 2014: Arrive in Dublin at 14:30, pick up our rented car and leave for Newtonmountkennedy where we will stay over and recover from our flight from South Africa.
Saturday 28 June - Thursday 3 July : Leave for Bandon in County Cork . Follow road via Glendalough (short visit), and then on to Bandon. We have been to Cashel in 2011, but any suggestions along the way. Maybe Cahir castle.
We would like to see as much as possible in West Cork. We love the villages, music, culture, distillery or 2, tap dancing show, scenic drives and castles. We have done Dingle and Ring of Kerry in 2011.
Friday 4 July: Stay over in Adare on our way to Galway. A visit to Banrutty, one or two villages during the day. Late ffternoon and evening exploring Adare.
Saturday 5 July - Saturday 12 July: Oughterard. (Connemara) We have tried many options, but decided on a self-Catering. We like to stay in self-catering, do our trips during the day and then to go to the Supermarket and "live with the people!". I have looked into the possibilty to stay 2 - 3 nights in a place and then move on, but it worked out more expensive for us and was not self-catering. We will definately visit Aran Islands, Galway, Sky Road and a list of recommendations which we will try to see.
Saturday 12 July - Monday 14 July: Dublin. Sunday we want to visit the Guiness Storehouse. We will be staying in Swords and any extra time we may have, we would like to visit surrounding sightseeing sites. We have been to most attractions in Dublin city during our previous visit, but could not fit in the Guiness Storehouse.
Thank you for reading and feel welcome to comment!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 3 Paris hotels
- 4 TAP airlines & other questions
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 7 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 8 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 9 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 10 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 11 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 12 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 13 Netflix and Hulu
- 14 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 15 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 16 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 17 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 18 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 19 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 5 days in switzerland
- 22 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 23 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 24 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 25 Antwerp Tram
Our final itinerary: