Our final itinerary:
Friday 27 June 2014: Arrive in Dublin at 14:30, pick up our rented car and leave for Newtonmountkennedy where we will stay over and recover from our flight from South Africa.
Saturday 28 June - Thursday 3 July : Leave for Bandon in County Cork . Follow road via Glendalough (short visit), and then on to Bandon. We have been to Cashel in 2011, but any suggestions along the way. Maybe Cahir castle.
We would like to see as much as possible in West Cork. We love the villages, music, culture, distillery or 2, tap dancing show, scenic drives and castles. We have done Dingle and Ring of Kerry in 2011.
Friday 4 July: Stay over in Adare on our way to Galway. A visit to Banrutty, one or two villages during the day. Late ffternoon and evening exploring Adare.
Saturday 5 July - Saturday 12 July: Oughterard. (Connemara) We have tried many options, but decided on a self-Catering. We like to stay in self-catering, do our trips during the day and then to go to the Supermarket and "live with the people!". I have looked into the possibilty to stay 2 - 3 nights in a place and then move on, but it worked out more expensive for us and was not self-catering. We will definately visit Aran Islands, Galway, Sky Road and a list of recommendations which we will try to see.
Saturday 12 July - Monday 14 July: Dublin. Sunday we want to visit the Guiness Storehouse. We will be staying in Swords and any extra time we may have, we would like to visit surrounding sightseeing sites. We have been to most attractions in Dublin city during our previous visit, but could not fit in the Guiness Storehouse.
Thank you for reading and feel welcome to comment!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 5 Reaching the Lake District
- 6 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 7 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 My special places in Europe
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 13 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 14 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 15 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 16 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 17 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 18 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 19 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 20 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 23 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 24 Italy in a week
- 25 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
Our final itinerary: