Our final itinerary:
Friday 27 June 2014: Arrive in Dublin at 14:30, pick up our rented car and leave for Newtonmountkennedy where we will stay over and recover from our flight from South Africa.
Saturday 28 June - Thursday 3 July : Leave for Bandon in County Cork . Follow road via Glendalough (short visit), and then on to Bandon. We have been to Cashel in 2011, but any suggestions along the way. Maybe Cahir castle.
We would like to see as much as possible in West Cork. We love the villages, music, culture, distillery or 2, tap dancing show, scenic drives and castles. We have done Dingle and Ring of Kerry in 2011.
Friday 4 July: Stay over in Adare on our way to Galway. A visit to Banrutty, one or two villages during the day. Late ffternoon and evening exploring Adare.
Saturday 5 July - Saturday 12 July: Oughterard. (Connemara) We have tried many options, but decided on a self-Catering. We like to stay in self-catering, do our trips during the day and then to go to the Supermarket and "live with the people!". I have looked into the possibilty to stay 2 - 3 nights in a place and then move on, but it worked out more expensive for us and was not self-catering. We will definately visit Aran Islands, Galway, Sky Road and a list of recommendations which we will try to see.
Saturday 12 July - Monday 14 July: Dublin. Sunday we want to visit the Guiness Storehouse. We will be staying in Swords and any extra time we may have, we would like to visit surrounding sightseeing sites. We have been to most attractions in Dublin city during our previous visit, but could not fit in the Guiness Storehouse.
Thank you for reading and feel welcome to comment!
Ireland final itinerary outline.
Our final itinerary:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 2 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 3 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 4 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 5 Hamam in Istanbul
- 6 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 7 week in calabria
- 8 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 9 London hotel tax is 20%
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 12 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 13 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 14 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 15 Help for San Sebastian
- 16 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 17 Aaah...Umbria!
- 18 bed and breakfasts
- 19 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 20 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 21 Input on VRBO apartment in the Gracia area
- 22 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 23 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 24 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 25 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me