We have traveled the southwest and southeast of Ireland along with Dublin by car. We would like to do a short trip in early September to visit Cork City (maybe Ballymaloe for lunch one day) and Galway. We are starting to research retirement cities. We would like to fly in and out of Shannon and take it from there...possible 3 nights Galway (bus there from Shannon), then travel to Cork and stay another 3. Ennis for night before the flight home. Any thoughts on this? Much appreciated. jcg
Ireland - Cork and Galway itinerary by train/bus
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 One more last question on Bayeux
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 13 Medieval Tallinn
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins