My husband and I are attempting to plan a trip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We normally enjoy beach vacations, however, I saw a trip being advertised on Groupon to Ireland for 8 days and 7 nights. Ireland has always been a "dream trip" of mine. I would love some opinions on the accommodations and the pricing, as well as if the timing of the trip would be a good time to go to Ireland - what would the weather be like - cold, warm, rainy, etc.
We would be flying out of Chicago or New York at the end of April. It includes a rental car. We would be flying into Dublin and spending one night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath. The next stop is for two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal. Then we would drive to the Dromoland Castle Hotel in County Clare. Our last two nights would be at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killney, County Dublin.
The price of the tickets and the hotels is approximately $1500 per person, which I have found to be relatively reasonable with the flight, accommodations and the rental car.
I am looking for opinions on how much more spending money we would need as well as if these castles are relatively cool. Any opinions would help us tremendously.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 9 Days in Spain
- 14 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 15 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 16 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Zurich to Milan trip
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 21 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 22 Italy Car Scam
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 25 car insurance italy