My husband and I are attempting to plan a trip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We normally enjoy beach vacations, however, I saw a trip being advertised on Groupon to Ireland for 8 days and 7 nights. Ireland has always been a "dream trip" of mine. I would love some opinions on the accommodations and the pricing, as well as if the timing of the trip would be a good time to go to Ireland - what would the weather be like - cold, warm, rainy, etc.
We would be flying out of Chicago or New York at the end of April. It includes a rental car. We would be flying into Dublin and spending one night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath. The next stop is for two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal. Then we would drive to the Dromoland Castle Hotel in County Clare. Our last two nights would be at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killney, County Dublin.
The price of the tickets and the hotels is approximately $1500 per person, which I have found to be relatively reasonable with the flight, accommodations and the rental car.
I am looking for opinions on how much more spending money we would need as well as if these castles are relatively cool. Any opinions would help us tremendously.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 2 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 3 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 4 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 5 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 8 Praiana to Positano
- 9 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 10 Scotland and London 21 days
- 11 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 12 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 13 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 14 Venice
- 15 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 16 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 22 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 23 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 24 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 25 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?