My husband and I are attempting to plan a trip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We normally enjoy beach vacations, however, I saw a trip being advertised on Groupon to Ireland for 8 days and 7 nights. Ireland has always been a "dream trip" of mine. I would love some opinions on the accommodations and the pricing, as well as if the timing of the trip would be a good time to go to Ireland - what would the weather be like - cold, warm, rainy, etc.
We would be flying out of Chicago or New York at the end of April. It includes a rental car. We would be flying into Dublin and spending one night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath. The next stop is for two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal. Then we would drive to the Dromoland Castle Hotel in County Clare. Our last two nights would be at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killney, County Dublin.
The price of the tickets and the hotels is approximately $1500 per person, which I have found to be relatively reasonable with the flight, accommodations and the rental car.
I am looking for opinions on how much more spending money we would need as well as if these castles are relatively cool. Any opinions would help us tremendously.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 9 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 10 Sicily
- 11 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 12 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Car rental from Barcelona
- 16 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread