My husband and I are attempting to plan a trip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We normally enjoy beach vacations, however, I saw a trip being advertised on Groupon to Ireland for 8 days and 7 nights. Ireland has always been a "dream trip" of mine. I would love some opinions on the accommodations and the pricing, as well as if the timing of the trip would be a good time to go to Ireland - what would the weather be like - cold, warm, rainy, etc.
We would be flying out of Chicago or New York at the end of April. It includes a rental car. We would be flying into Dublin and spending one night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath. The next stop is for two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal. Then we would drive to the Dromoland Castle Hotel in County Clare. Our last two nights would be at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killney, County Dublin.
The price of the tickets and the hotels is approximately $1500 per person, which I have found to be relatively reasonable with the flight, accommodations and the rental car.
I am looking for opinions on how much more spending money we would need as well as if these castles are relatively cool. Any opinions would help us tremendously.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 2 38 Days in Paris
- 3 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Day trip ideas
- 7 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 8 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 9 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 10 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 11 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 12 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Things to do in Brussels
- 22 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands