My husband and I are attempting to plan a trip for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We normally enjoy beach vacations, however, I saw a trip being advertised on Groupon to Ireland for 8 days and 7 nights. Ireland has always been a "dream trip" of mine. I would love some opinions on the accommodations and the pricing, as well as if the timing of the trip would be a good time to go to Ireland - what would the weather be like - cold, warm, rainy, etc.
We would be flying out of Chicago or New York at the end of April. It includes a rental car. We would be flying into Dublin and spending one night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath. The next stop is for two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal. Then we would drive to the Dromoland Castle Hotel in County Clare. Our last two nights would be at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killney, County Dublin.
The price of the tickets and the hotels is approximately $1500 per person, which I have found to be relatively reasonable with the flight, accommodations and the rental car.
I am looking for opinions on how much more spending money we would need as well as if these castles are relatively cool. Any opinions would help us tremendously.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 6 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 10 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 11 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 14 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?