This is my first time in Ireland, actually in Europe too! I'll be going for 5 nights in late October and flying from London. My return flight MUST be out of Dublin, but I can fly into any airport on arrival from London. I know I want to spend at least the last 2 nights in Dublin, but what to do the rest of the time, given the time of year? What highlights and routes are recommended, and can it be done by train rather than car? If the west coast is a must, should I fly into Shannon or another airport rather than Dublin? What are the best places to stay overnight?
Ireland by train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 2 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 3 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 4 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 5 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 6 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 11 Mycenae Documentary
- 12 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 15 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 18 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 19 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Mont St Michel
- 22 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs