This is my first time in Ireland, actually in Europe too! I'll be going for 5 nights in late October and flying from London. My return flight MUST be out of Dublin, but I can fly into any airport on arrival from London. I know I want to spend at least the last 2 nights in Dublin, but what to do the rest of the time, given the time of year? What highlights and routes are recommended, and can it be done by train rather than car? If the west coast is a must, should I fly into Shannon or another airport rather than Dublin? What are the best places to stay overnight?
Ireland by train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 2 Day Trips from Nice
- 3 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 4 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Norway 2014
- 10 Istanbul water
- 11 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 14 London restaurants
- 15 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 16 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 17 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 18 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 19 Siena Favorites?
- 20 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 21 biking in France
- 22 using airbnb for the first time...
- 23 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 24 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 25 Help with France itinerary