This is my first time in Ireland, actually in Europe too! I'll be going for 5 nights in late October and flying from London. My return flight MUST be out of Dublin, but I can fly into any airport on arrival from London. I know I want to spend at least the last 2 nights in Dublin, but what to do the rest of the time, given the time of year? What highlights and routes are recommended, and can it be done by train rather than car? If the west coast is a must, should I fly into Shannon or another airport rather than Dublin? What are the best places to stay overnight?
Ireland by train?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 4 Portugal in September
- 5 Looking for Feedback on Belgium/Holland Itinerary
- 6 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 7 Sicily 10 days
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 10 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich