This is my first time in Ireland, actually in Europe too! I'll be going for 5 nights in late October and flying from London. My return flight MUST be out of Dublin, but I can fly into any airport on arrival from London. I know I want to spend at least the last 2 nights in Dublin, but what to do the rest of the time, given the time of year? What highlights and routes are recommended, and can it be done by train rather than car? If the west coast is a must, should I fly into Shannon or another airport rather than Dublin? What are the best places to stay overnight?
Ireland by train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 4 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 5 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 6 seven days in Portugal
- 7 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 8 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 9 I need a haircut
- 10 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 11 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 12 We Need a Pact
- 13 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Monet in Normandy
- 16 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 19 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 24 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 25 german rail ticket question