Okay...and away we go. In July of 2008, my cousin and I are visiting the emerald isle. We have several questions so I'll post them individually (and with proper subject headings-eek!). I'd like to factor in beach time as that's a plus for her. I've looked up temperatures and have noted they rarely go above the high 60s and I've checked out blueflag.org and know that there are sandy beaches. I'm just curious as to how they compare to New England beaches. Cold? Swimmable? Any comments on the prospect of swimming and tanning/relaxing comfortably at a beach in Ireland? I haven't specified region because we're open to suggestions and to all regions. Some have gulf streams and all that jazz that affect climate. Anyone have feedback? Thanks for the time and help!
Ireland: Beaches and Swimming
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 2 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 3 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 6 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 7 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 9 Santorini
- 10 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 11 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 12 Foie gras, redux
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Questions for my German friends
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 17 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 18 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 19 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 22 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Train to Airport in Venice
- 25 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend