My husband and I (late 20s/early thirties) will be going to Ireland and Scotland later this year. We've put together an itinerary, but we're not sure if we're biting off more than we could chew. What are your thoughts? This would be in early August (festival season in Edinburgh sounds hectic but fun!).
Day 1: Leave west coast USA
Day 2: arrive in Dublin in the morning
Day 3: Dublin
Day 4: Fly Dublin/Kerry morning, arrive Dingle ~2 PM (rental car from airport to city)
Day 5: Dingle
Day 6: Drive Dingle/Shannon/Cliffs of Moher/sleep nearby (rental car)
Day 7: Fly Shannon/Edinburgh morning
Day 8: Edinburgh
Day 9: Edinburgh (possible day trip?)
Day 10: Edinburgh
Day 11: Fly to Dublin morning
Day 12: Dublin, fly to USA morning, arrive USA evening.
We've bought our flights into and out of Dublin, and must be in Dublin on day 3.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?