My husband and I (late 20s/early thirties) will be going to Ireland and Scotland later this year. We've put together an itinerary, but we're not sure if we're biting off more than we could chew. What are your thoughts? This would be in early August (festival season in Edinburgh sounds hectic but fun!).
Day 1: Leave west coast USA
Day 2: arrive in Dublin in the morning
Day 3: Dublin
Day 4: Fly Dublin/Kerry morning, arrive Dingle ~2 PM (rental car from airport to city)
Day 5: Dingle
Day 6: Drive Dingle/Shannon/Cliffs of Moher/sleep nearby (rental car)
Day 7: Fly Shannon/Edinburgh morning
Day 8: Edinburgh
Day 9: Edinburgh (possible day trip?)
Day 10: Edinburgh
Day 11: Fly to Dublin morning
Day 12: Dublin, fly to USA morning, arrive USA evening.
We've bought our flights into and out of Dublin, and must be in Dublin on day 3.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years