My husband and I (late 20s/early thirties) will be going to Ireland and Scotland later this year. We've put together an itinerary, but we're not sure if we're biting off more than we could chew. What are your thoughts? This would be in early August (festival season in Edinburgh sounds hectic but fun!).
Day 1: Leave west coast USA
Day 2: arrive in Dublin in the morning
Day 3: Dublin
Day 4: Fly Dublin/Kerry morning, arrive Dingle ~2 PM (rental car from airport to city)
Day 5: Dingle
Day 6: Drive Dingle/Shannon/Cliffs of Moher/sleep nearby (rental car)
Day 7: Fly Shannon/Edinburgh morning
Day 8: Edinburgh
Day 9: Edinburgh (possible day trip?)
Day 10: Edinburgh
Day 11: Fly to Dublin morning
Day 12: Dublin, fly to USA morning, arrive USA evening.
We've bought our flights into and out of Dublin, and must be in Dublin on day 3.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 2 Sim Card Options
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 38 Days in Paris
- 6 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Day trip ideas
- 10 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 11 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 12 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 13 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 14 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 15 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 18 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?