My husband and I (late 20s/early thirties) will be going to Ireland and Scotland later this year. We've put together an itinerary, but we're not sure if we're biting off more than we could chew. What are your thoughts? This would be in early August (festival season in Edinburgh sounds hectic but fun!).
Day 1: Leave west coast USA
Day 2: arrive in Dublin in the morning
Day 3: Dublin
Day 4: Fly Dublin/Kerry morning, arrive Dingle ~2 PM (rental car from airport to city)
Day 5: Dingle
Day 6: Drive Dingle/Shannon/Cliffs of Moher/sleep nearby (rental car)
Day 7: Fly Shannon/Edinburgh morning
Day 8: Edinburgh
Day 9: Edinburgh (possible day trip?)
Day 10: Edinburgh
Day 11: Fly to Dublin morning
Day 12: Dublin, fly to USA morning, arrive USA evening.
We've bought our flights into and out of Dublin, and must be in Dublin on day 3.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 7 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 16 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 French language immersion schools in France
- 21 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area