I am leaving for Ireland in 3 1/2 weeks. I am flying into Shannon and will arrive at 7 AM and have to meet my tour group at 630 PM in Galway. Thus I have 11 hours or so to do whatever - hang out in Galway, or...
see the Cliffs of Moher. My biking group will not be visiting them.
How feasible is a day trip to them, from Shannon airport? I will have a small carryon and a backpack. Can I get there by public transport, see 'em, and get to Galway by 630 PM or even earlier?
or would you recommend I just spend the day in Galway?
if it is feasible, what is the bets way to get there? via bus? If there were a bus which would go there, stop off for a time, and continue on to Galway that would be WUNDERBAR but I bet that is asking too much huh.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 4 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 7 Tattoos in Italy
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 12 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 15 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 19 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 20 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 21 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 22 Night Bus?
- 23 Spain in November
- 24 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 25 Shall we Gdansk?