I am leaving for Ireland in 3 1/2 weeks. I am flying into Shannon and will arrive at 7 AM and have to meet my tour group at 630 PM in Galway. Thus I have 11 hours or so to do whatever - hang out in Galway, or...
see the Cliffs of Moher. My biking group will not be visiting them.
How feasible is a day trip to them, from Shannon airport? I will have a small carryon and a backpack. Can I get there by public transport, see 'em, and get to Galway by 630 PM or even earlier?
or would you recommend I just spend the day in Galway?
if it is feasible, what is the bets way to get there? via bus? If there were a bus which would go there, stop off for a time, and continue on to Galway that would be WUNDERBAR but I bet that is asking too much huh.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 2 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 3 Amsterdam Hotel
- 4 FCO connection time
- 5 Paris gtg in October?
- 6 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 9 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 10 Dolomites October 14-18
- 11 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 14 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 15 Norway Itinerary
- 16 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 17 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 18 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 19 Charles Degaulle question
- 20 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 21 Pompeii luggage storage
- 22 Departure Tax in UK
- 23 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 24 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 25 Train Help