I am leaving for Ireland in 3 1/2 weeks. I am flying into Shannon and will arrive at 7 AM and have to meet my tour group at 630 PM in Galway. Thus I have 11 hours or so to do whatever - hang out in Galway, or...
see the Cliffs of Moher. My biking group will not be visiting them.
How feasible is a day trip to them, from Shannon airport? I will have a small carryon and a backpack. Can I get there by public transport, see 'em, and get to Galway by 630 PM or even earlier?
or would you recommend I just spend the day in Galway?
if it is feasible, what is the bets way to get there? via bus? If there were a bus which would go there, stop off for a time, and continue on to Galway that would be WUNDERBAR but I bet that is asking too much huh.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 2 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 3 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 4 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 5 What type of visa is right for me?
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 8 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 9 RHK's Fall escape
- 10 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 11 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 12 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 13 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 14 Christmas Eve
- 15 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 16 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 17 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Glassblowing in Prague
- 20 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 23 a loss about Paris
- 24 From Barcelona to Valencia… and the not-quite-beaten path in between
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania