Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
iPhone stolen in Paris
- 1 Best area for wine and which one?
- 2 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 3 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 4 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 5 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 6 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 7 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 13 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 16 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 17 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 18 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 19 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 20 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 21 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 24 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 25 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?