Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
iPhone stolen in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 4 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 9 itinerary help
- 10 9 days in turkey
- 11 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 12 Germany-berlin marathon
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 17 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 20 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 21 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station