Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
iPhone stolen in Paris
- 1 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 2 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 3 TGV and Provence questions
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 2 Week European Itinerary
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 Channel Islands
- 14 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 Car in Prague
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 20 Rome Accommodation
- 21 Istanbul hotels
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 24 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 25 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia