Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
iPhone stolen in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Paris
- 2 Ireland's west coast
- 3 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 4 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 5 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 6 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 7 South of Switzerland
- 8 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 9 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 10 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 11 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 12 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 16 Home Base in Belgium
- 17 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 21 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 22 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Itinerary for Spain
- 25 Dordogne prehistoric sites