Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Italy's central lakes!
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 5 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 6 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 7 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 8 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 9 European Cooking Secrets
- 10 Travel help
- 11 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 12 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?
- 15 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 16 Europe in late January
- 17 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 18 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 19 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 20 Andalucia in December
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 23 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 24 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 25 Lake Garda, Where to stay