I am planning my first trip to Europe this summer, and would appreciate any help or advice you may have. I will be in Ireland for a couple weeks with family, and would begin this part of the trip on August 18th. I put September 27th as my return date, but that is actually flexible - I could stay a week longer, if budget permitted (initially assumed $6000-7000, after airline tickets).
I'm mostly interested in architecture and history. I definitely want a chance to get outside of the big cities (especially around London and Paris).
What I have so far:
2 days in Scotland
7 days in London (and surrounding areas - York, Salisbury, Canterbury, ?)
6 days in Paris (and surrounding areas)
2 days in Belgium (Bruges and Ghent)
3 days in Amsterdam (day trip to Haarlem)
3 days in Berlin
2 days in Prague
3 days in Munich
2 days in Switzerland (really want to see the Alps, I've read Kandersteg or Jungfraujoch are good places - of course, open to suggestions!)
2 days in Milan
2 days in Florence
5 days in Rome
I'm worried the 2nd half is a little too busy, but please let me know if it seems okay. From what I've seen, because of the way I've mapped things out, rail/short flights shouldn't take up too much time (travel as late in the evening as possible?). That being said, I could drop Prague and/or one of the German cities to ease things up.
... Or, as I mentioned, extend things out. The return date is flexible, and could go another week. If that meant adding a bit more to the budget, so be it.
Thanks in advance for any advice. Please let me know if there are any details I am missing that would help you help me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 생중계카지노＼↣》 ＫＲ２５８。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 《↣＼슈퍼카지노
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 6 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 11 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 12 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Italian lakes
- 15 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 20 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 21 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 22 10 day Italy
- 23 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Prague itinerary advice