I'm looking for a town or small city that is VERY near Milan and very easily reached by frequent train service from Milan, and where I might like to stay for a night or two after a trans-Atlantic flight to Milan, before heading to the Italian lakes. I know that Bergamo fits that description, and is a possibility. However, I have been there (on a day trip only), so I might like to see someplace new--to me. I know I'd like to visit Pavia, which I'm sure must be very easy to reach by train from Milan, and I'm wondering whether that would be a pleasant overnight stop. Has anyone here stayed in Pavia? Did you enjoy it? Any comments about Cremona? Mantua?
Interesting small cities very near Milan
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How early to get to CDG
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 4 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 16 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 17 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 18 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 19 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 20 Prague Main Train Station
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 British drivers