I'm looking for a town or small city that is VERY near Milan and very easily reached by frequent train service from Milan, and where I might like to stay for a night or two after a trans-Atlantic flight to Milan, before heading to the Italian lakes. I know that Bergamo fits that description, and is a possibility. However, I have been there (on a day trip only), so I might like to see someplace new--to me. I know I'd like to visit Pavia, which I'm sure must be very easy to reach by train from Milan, and I'm wondering whether that would be a pleasant overnight stop. Has anyone here stayed in Pavia? Did you enjoy it? Any comments about Cremona? Mantua?
Interesting small cities very near Milan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 2 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 3 Looking for add on city
- 4 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 5 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 6 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 7 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 8 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 9 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 10 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 11 Moscow: Eat, Explore, Experience
- 12 Capri and Amalfi self-catering accommodation for 2
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Berlin Trip Report
- 15 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 16 2 month backpacking though europe
- 17 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 18 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 19 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 20 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 21 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 22 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 23 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 24 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 25 Which hotel in Lisbon?