I'm looking for a town or small city that is VERY near Milan and very easily reached by frequent train service from Milan, and where I might like to stay for a night or two after a trans-Atlantic flight to Milan, before heading to the Italian lakes. I know that Bergamo fits that description, and is a possibility. However, I have been there (on a day trip only), so I might like to see someplace new--to me. I know I'd like to visit Pavia, which I'm sure must be very easy to reach by train from Milan, and I'm wondering whether that would be a pleasant overnight stop. Has anyone here stayed in Pavia? Did you enjoy it? Any comments about Cremona? Mantua?
Interesting small cities very near Milan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 2 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 3 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 4 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 5 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Wish me luck please
- 8 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 9 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 10 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 11 Paris: Best Bistros
- 12 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 13 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 14 Athens and which islands?
- 15 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 16 Eleanor's Pages
- 17 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 18 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 19 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 20 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 21 Help with Lucerne in April
- 22 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 23 Car rental at Athens airport
- 24 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 25 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!