I'm looking for a town or small city that is VERY near Milan and very easily reached by frequent train service from Milan, and where I might like to stay for a night or two after a trans-Atlantic flight to Milan, before heading to the Italian lakes. I know that Bergamo fits that description, and is a possibility. However, I have been there (on a day trip only), so I might like to see someplace new--to me. I know I'd like to visit Pavia, which I'm sure must be very easy to reach by train from Milan, and I'm wondering whether that would be a pleasant overnight stop. Has anyone here stayed in Pavia? Did you enjoy it? Any comments about Cremona? Mantua?
Interesting small cities very near Milan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 3 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 8 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 9 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 23 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days