I'm looking for a town or small city that is VERY near Milan and very easily reached by frequent train service from Milan, and where I might like to stay for a night or two after a trans-Atlantic flight to Milan, before heading to the Italian lakes. I know that Bergamo fits that description, and is a possibility. However, I have been there (on a day trip only), so I might like to see someplace new--to me. I know I'd like to visit Pavia, which I'm sure must be very easy to reach by train from Milan, and I'm wondering whether that would be a pleasant overnight stop. Has anyone here stayed in Pavia? Did you enjoy it? Any comments about Cremona? Mantua?
Interesting small cities very near Milan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 12 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Autumn in Paris
- 15 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 16 Burgundy in May
- 17 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 18 A Greek sojourn
- 19 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 20 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 21 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 25 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary